Author Topic: Bernecker Avocado FREE  (Read 754 times)

SD Dan

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Bernecker Avocado FREE
« on: December 27, 2022, 01:15:25 PM »
I recently bought a bernecker black sapote from Lara farms but it turns out there was an error and it was actually only the avocado that was in stock so I now have a bernecker avocado that I don’t need. I’m in SD and local pickup is preferred but I think it’s a West Indian variety so I’m guessing it’d be more appealing to our members in Florida so I could be down to try and ship it if you want to cover shipping costs (I’ve never shipped before so I’m not sure about regulations but I did keep the original box)

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Bernecker Avocado FREE
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 01:28:23 PM »
PM'd

SD Dan

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 12:04:51 AM »
Got a few messages to ship the avocado. I’m traveling back home tomorrow so I’ll give it another couple days to see if there’s any interest for local pickup and if there isn’t, I’ll do a random drawing to pick the winner to ship it out to.

jiminirvana

• CA, Chula Vista 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 02:56:55 AM »
I'm Local I can take it if nobody has claimed the avocado yet

mysteryknight

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 11:19:36 AM »
Hey Dan,

If you are still looking for Black Sapote I can give you my neighbor's number. He is always growing up seedlings from his trees. I have tasted his fruits. They are pretty good. Some trees produce sweeter ones. I also have small black sapote seedlings. The mother fruits from this tree aren't as good as my neighbor's but I am growing them up for rootstock.

James

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 03:24:48 PM »
where is pickup?

SD Dan

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 12:55:37 PM »
RevivalR00ts - pick up in San Diego, near mission valley.

James - thanks, I may take you up on that, I was being lazy and just wanted to get a grafted plant. The bernecker is supposedly a superior cultivar, I’ve yet to try the fruit though. I’m thinking about ordering some fruit to verify myself, I just need to get over the hefty shipping cost lol. I guess it beats nurturing a plant for years only to find out you don’t like the fruit. I’ll let you know if I end up ordering, it’s 5lb of black sapote so plenty to share.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk