Author Topic: Hapa Joe and WildLandPlants taste report Duguetia stenantha, Plinia Clausa, sapo  (Read 1092 times)

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
We have internet for the night before we head back into the jungle. Uploaded some taste reports.
Duguetia stenatha
https://youtu.be/ZMM8QE_dqkA

Hapa Joe and WildLandPlants meet for the first time in Colombia. Boy do I have a surprise for him.
https://youtu.be/27AQf0gIfeQ

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Thanks for the taste report :) Can’t wait to see what other treasures you find in the jungles! Looking forward to that seed drop and hope you guys are having a great trip ✌🏽
Nate

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Hey Joe! Thanks for posting these videos, you and Nate are living out many of our dreams. Ya'll are taking this nomadic fruit hunter-gatherer thing to a whole nutha level! Bring back some good ones!

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Fruit gonads , I mean nomads  8)
Got to live it up while we are here.
Thanks for the hunt, keep gathering up those endangered fruits and sharing them seeds around.
Truly honor able.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Thanks! It's not as glamorous as it sounds as we are poor farmers and explorers but we make do. Hoping to share the passion and get more people to try and grow these fruit.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
I kinda get it. I been building up a planting and cabin on the Big I for some years and since I go a few times a year conversation is always “ how was vacation in Hawaii” or whatever. I think it’s hard for people to understand I worked like a dog the whole time , dirty and bit up, never saw the beach except to “shower” and went to sleep at 7 every night because there is no power or running water . And I love it. Grew up in the bush and prefer being in the bush, or at the beach. Normcore people trying so hard to fit into this consumerism society will never understand and that is fine by me. It makes the filter to real friends doing real things easier.
People are afraid to do what your doing. Living , with incredible memories and stories along the way.

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
Bush I agree completely. There's an incredible amount of work involved -- and money invested. It's a business and I don't think any of these super valuable seed sellers should apologize for their price,  Not to mention.. plant a seed and make your money back. Your money doesn't rot in the soil, it grows to be much more than that initial seed investment. just my two cents

I have everyday friends that I talk about my fruit hobby with sometimes, and I think you nailed it. Friends love that you're passionate about something, doesn't matter what it is; they just appreciate you shining a bit of light on your craft. Those are the friends you share your abius with : )
instagram @trumansacco

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Bush and Tru. So true my friends. Doesn’t really bother me. I just continue to share my message. Thanks for the kind words and support. Working with some local explorers and have some really amazing stuff coming :) this year is going to go off for us fruit nerds.

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Really appreciate what you do Joe! If there's any room for another person to go on an expedition, I'd love to go in the future!