Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Buy, Sell, & Trade

Looking for Low/no-Chill berries cuttings

<< < (3/3)

EvilFruit:

--- Quote from: starling1 on March 07, 2015, 05:25:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: EvilFruit on March 06, 2015, 05:45:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: starling1 on March 05, 2015, 06:43:43 AM ---Tayberry will not do well for you, and neither will Loganberry. I can only suggest people recommended these have never tried to grow them in the subtropics.

I have. Basically what you'll get is extremely poor fruit set and an endless battle with leaf fungus.

There is only one Rubus  that does well in hot climates, and that is youngberry. Masses of berries every season.

--- End quote ---

I wish I can get youngberry.cuttings but, I'm already having a hard time finding common hybrid berries like taberry or boysenberry.

You are right about fungal attacks, I think I should grow them in pots and bring them inside in summer.

I'm going to experiment with different types of berries and see what Happens.

Thanks Starling  ;)

--- End quote ---

Actually there is one Rubus that will do better for you than any other, and that is the native Australian raspberry, or Atherton Raspberry. Fruit are delicious ( I prefer them to regular raspberry) and their natural environment is the tropics. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?autoplay=1&v=5ZCfE_EowJY

--- End quote ---

A few days ago, i contacted a seller from Australia, asking for youngberry cuttings, But for unknown reason he refused to send them aboard. I really doubt I'll get these "Australian" berries any time soon.

Thanks for the help  ;) ;)

Joy2Foragers:
Hi,
I have both "sunshine blue" and "Jewel" blueberry bushes that I can take cuttings from. Please PM me if you are still interested :)

DimplesLee:
Sapinit - Phil wild raspberry
Ayosip - Benguet wild blueberry

I don't have either yet still on my.wish list as well.

EvilFruit:
Still looking for cuttings

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version