Author Topic: Passiflora ligularis  (Read 252 times)

Pneuma

• Dont Panic its Organic
    • 9b
    • View Profile
Passiflora ligularis
« on: March 19, 2023, 12:56:05 PM »
Its been a wet winter here in Cali.  I lost my Passiflora mollissima that I had on my Deck in Dec when it got down to 26 degs for a couple hrs and I was out of town when I got back she was dead.  My Passiflora ligularis was struggling bad she was on the other side of my deck that gets no wind and less sun so I repotted and moved indoors put her on this rolling setup shes back to health climbing again we both seem happy about new arrangement.

"Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.'
-Luther Burbank

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Passiflora ligularis
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 02:11:26 PM »
Yeah the wet cold Winter can do in some passiflora mollissima is not to hard to find to start again but P. ligularis is a little harder to find sometimes she looks happy now! I have one outside but die's back to ground then comes back so far just can't get it up big enough to survive. Mine was growing under passifloria edulis so was protected a bit.
PSI- will be having a seed sale wed. if your a member (passiflora international society) or I think April 1st for public. Check it out!

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: Passiflora ligularis
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 03:06:05 PM »
Pneuma, sounds like you should plant some of my P. quadrangularis, it's free and just pay for shipping. It's a vigorous grower, you can keep it in a pot.

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=50481.0