Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Effectiveness of artificial Breeze for frost protection

<< < (11/11)

Jagmanjoe:

[/quote]
When the temperature drops to about 38 to 37 degrees I turn the sprinklers on. You don't want to wait for the temperature to drop too low because the initial irrigation will drop the air temperature in the Grove a couple of degrees. And run it until an hour or so after daylight when the ice melts and falls off. It's also good to do testing running the irrigation before it gets dark and get the ground good and saturated helps. It's a good idea to have a cut off on each riser so if there is a malfunction you don't have to turn the system completely off. I have a filter at the beginning of the Run and also filters on each individual riser

https://www.skyhawkresources.com/category-s/210.htm

[/quote]

While I do have a shutoff at each tree, I do not have a filter at each one and think that is a great additional "ounce of prevention" idea.  Wobblers can clog so easily and that is an inexpensive additional cold comfort insert!

You have really thought this through and I appreciate your willingness to share!

bovine421:

--- Quote from: Jagmanjoe on December 01, 2023, 06:49:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---
When the temperature drops to about 38 to 37 degrees I turn the sprinklers on. You don't want to wait for the temperature to drop too low because the initial irrigation will drop the air temperature in the Grove a couple of degrees. And run it until an hour or so after daylight when the ice melts and falls off. It's also good to do testing running the irrigation before it gets dark and get the ground good and saturated helps. It's a good idea to have a cut off on each riser so if there is a malfunction you don't have to turn the system completely off. I have a filter at the beginning of the Run and also filters on each individual riser

https://www.skyhawkresources.com/category-s/210.htm

[/quote]

While I do have a shutoff at each tree, I do not have a filter at each one and think that is a great additional "ounce of prevention" idea.  Wobblers can clog so easily and that is an inexpensive additional cold comfort insert!

You have really thought this through and I appreciate your willingness to share!
[/quote]
When it's 32 and you don't have a raincoat on and have to change a sprinkler head. It gets a body a thinking. The downward bubblers at Home Depot have the filter that fits inside of a 1/2-in PVC with fitting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version