Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Tropical Fruits Hunting in Việt Nam

(1/4) > >>

GrowerA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBIXbif-noA

ben mango:
Nice, what part ?

brian:
There was an article on WSJ today saying Viet growers are all replanting their land to grow durians to sell to meet China's new demand. 

My Vietnamese neighbors were mostly asking about citrus and sugar apples when they saw my greenhouse. 

GrowerA:
ben mango,

Most was documented at Mũi Né,Běnh Thuan, Phan Thiết of Vietnam . The durian farm in video was few hours  from Phan Thiết   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEfY3Imq46s

brian,

At this time growing durian is very profitable for commercial growers as well home-grown growers. The one you see in my video Visiting Durian Farm in Việt Nam is like one of home-grown growers. The owner is growing mix of other fruit trees besides durian trees. They sold tree ripen durian and other fruits to the local. There are many growers like them in Việt Nam, if you know where to look for. By the way, not every part of Việt Nam farmland can grow durian. Durian requires rich soil with the right environment, also you know how to control the watering well to be able to grow it successfully. 

We use lot of citruses in cooking as well for making drink.  Sugar apples is well known for amazing tropical fruit taste. It is somewhat of a childhood fruit for most of Vietnamese who was born  in Việt Nam. They have new hybrid like atemoya sold in Việt Nam,but according to the local they love sugar apples over the atemoya . People pay top $ for a good sugar apple there.

xesoteryc:

--- Quote from: brian on November 11, 2023, 10:37:53 PM ---There was an article on WSJ today saying Viet growers are all replanting their land to grow durians to sell to meet China's new demand. 

My Vietnamese neighbors were mostly asking about citrus and sugar apples when they saw my greenhouse.

--- End quote ---

I’ve never tried a sugar apple, how similar is it to Cherimoya?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version