Author Topic: Foliar Feeding Fruit Trees MonoPotassium Phosphate  (Read 896 times)

FMfruitforest

• Tropical Fruit
    • USA, FL,zone 10a
    • View Profile
Foliar Feeding Fruit Trees MonoPotassium Phosphate
« on: November 25, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »
Recently I have began looking into feeding the tropical fruit trees I have with a Monopotassium foliar feeding to increase overall health and promote more flowering. The trees I would be spraying include soursop, sweetsop, mango, sapodilla, guavas and jakfruits with Only the sapodillas and guavas  in flower currently. I plan to feed the trees a 1% solution via foliar spray at dusk. Having no experience with this fertilizer before im looking for feedback on whether this is a good fertilizer to include in my foliar feed.

Cythompson159@yahoo.com

• JoJo Mammey
    • East central Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Foliar Feeding Fruit Trees MonoPotassium Phosphate
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
I did this all last fall/and winter as I am an ameture fruit grower and tend to over care for my fruit trees with folier sprays and u limited organic 4-3-4 fertilizer, compost teas and other additives like humid acid and azomite. Don’t think it’s been a great ideal. This much care really helped the sugar apple, guava, Barbados cherry and starfruit. It seemed to have a negative impact on my important trees like the mangos, avacados, and lychee. The need to be dormant during these months and it doesn’t help that we get many days in the 80’s and plenty of rain already. These tress will store the wrong kind of elements and flush new growth and minimal flowers it spoiled. Can’t help my self I gave them some 0-10-10 last week to help them store the right elements to bloom. Hope it works, I’ll let you know and please repost if u have a large yield and feel this helped.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk