Author Topic: Tasting Biriba From a Superior Variety, Fruiting in a Container (Annona mucosa)  (Read 944 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

xmario

• SFL 10B
    • View Profile
My chickens saw the video and mentioned they would love them some biriba!
Let us know when you have some precocious starters available.

- Marius

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Good vid Adam, nice vibe. There is a lot to say about Rollinia. Not many fruits have had so many good selections brought to Australia over a long period after searches in South America and Central America. I have lost count of how many different variations I have tried with so many people thinking they had the best or unique selection. Their appearance ranges from smooth 'mucosa' style to extreme sputnik 'deliciosa' style.The taste doesn't vary dramatically between types with some a little sweeter or more lemony or even firmer. Seediness does vary, so does fruit size and tree productivity and colour a bit. I have seen really productive commercially planted ones with smoother skin and less blackening at ripeness on the skin and a standard 1kg quite uniform size. Russell's selection as I will call it has hug lobed fruit of great taste and a selection from Panama I got a few years ago has small smooth fruit in abundance.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
thank you Mike,

the only other place i seen one fruiting so nice in a pot was daley's the one pic with the kid, and the fruit bigger than his head!

that is not the norm here, i've never seen one fruiting in a pot smaller than 15 gal, until i grew mine...it fruited long ago in a 3-5gal...

first flowers to form, set fruits.

Good vid Adam, nice vibe. There is a lot to say about Rollinia. Not many fruits have had so many good selections brought to Australia over a long period after searches in South America and Central America. I have lost count of how many different variations I have tried with so many people thinking they had the best or unique selection. Their appearance ranges from smooth 'mucosa' style to extreme sputnik 'deliciosa' style.The taste doesn't vary dramatically between types with some a little sweeter or more lemony or even firmer. Seediness does vary, so does fruit size and tree productivity and colour a bit. I have seen really productive commercially planted ones with smoother skin and less blackening at ripeness on the skin and a standard 1kg quite uniform size. Russell's selection as I will call it has hug lobed fruit of great taste and a selection from Panama I got a few years ago has small smooth fruit in abundance.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
In NSW they are container grown a bit more often as it is cooler. If you have found a nice compact type suited to pot culture stick with it I have see some at 7 ft trimmed with small canopies and thick trunks loaded with fruit and other spindly, weepy types that defy being kept contained. Yeah fruit can get big alright. Fruiting Rollinia in a small pot would be a real art.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk