Author Topic: Available seeds of rare species. **July 2017**  (Read 94880 times)

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Available seeds of rare species. **February 2017**
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2017, 01:24:33 AM »
Hi friends.
New species available.

Best regards,

Vitor

Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
Hi Vitor

Did you manage to find the world's largest leaf from that region ?  Im interested to plant it myself
  :D

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:56 AM »
Hi Ali.
This is a species that is in my interest list collection, unfortunately in recent years it was not possible to collect seeds. This species occurs in a restricted and difficult access area, and as the fruiting of almost all the native species of Brazil are totally irregular fruiting due to changes in the climate in recent years, the sum of all these factors causes the collection to be so hard. But I believe that in the near future some seeds will be available.
Best Regards,

Vitor

RiversOFT

• St.augustine Florida United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2017, 01:23:36 AM »
Pm sent :)
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
Nothing is going to get better,
It's not

Ali

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Yes Vitor , Make it possible soonest ! and Im in heaven  ;D  Thank You Very Much  :D

Please also collect Ornamentals , Im very much interested   :D

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
PM sent Vitor.

00christian00

• Italy, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:13 AM »
Hi,
I sent you a PM for pouteria torta.

00christian00

• Italy, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2017, 04:23:32 AM »
I never got any reply. Anybody got an answer from the seller lately?

concolor

• Thailand, Bangkok
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »
i look for croton lechleri seeds. pls contact me.
Thank you.

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Available seeds of rare species. **June 2017**
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2017, 10:06:40 PM »
Hi friends.
New species available.

Best regards,

Vitor

ajeshcool47

• India,Kerala,Ernakulam,Tropical
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/ajeshthoppil.tr
Re: Available seeds of rare species. **June 2017**
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »
email ans PM send , pls reply..

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Available seeds of rare species. **July 2017**
« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2017, 01:07:27 AM »
Hi friends.
New species available.

Best regards,

Vitor

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 22, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »
PM sent!

Gun hyeok Lee

• South Korea,Jeolabuk-do,Iksan-si,7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2017, 02:10:58 PM »
PM sent!

FruitFly

• USA, CA, Sunset Zone17, USDA Zone10B
    • View Profile
Has Vítor Retired?
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2019, 09:32:10 AM »
Does anyone know if Vítor of Rare.Species.Amazon is still selling seeds or if he has retired? I’ve emailed him a few times and got no response. His work in conservation of unusual species is amazing and he always has unusual stuff. With the current state of the Amazon we need people like him with a passion for plants more than ever. I hope he is marvelous as always and just on hiatus. Below is a quote from him that I find especially fitting.

“I know countless people bordering the Amazon region that does not have the courage to eat any fruit that is not really considered edible. I believe the biggest reason is because the Amazon culture, and also the risk of consuming some toxic substance in an inhospitable region and almost no medical facility. This is one of the biggest factors that hinder the conservation of species in the region.
For example, if you have the opportunity to meet some city of the Amazon region, or rather will extend to all regions of Brazil. If you are in any city in Brazil and have the opportunity to visit a local fruit fair, you will realize that the fruit will be marketed exclusively of common fruit trees species. If you find a small barrack at the fair, with farmer (usually collectors native fruits) is possible you find some lesser known species, but will realize that are used as remedy, and that the own seller recommends that it is not an appropriate fruit for consumption but it is good to countless health problems, such as abdominal pain or other numerous applications.
Specifically in Manaus (capital of Amazonas state) If you visit any local market and ask about Murici you will find the fruit of the species Byrsonima crassifolia, but if you look for the result of any other species Byrsonima (in the region there are numerous species of Byrsonima), you will not find. And if you are interested in asking why only commercialize the fruit of B. crassifolia, they will say it is the only variety that is possible to consume, and other fruits "similar" with B. crassifolia are not edible_. And if you keep asking what the reason for why they think it is not edible, many will say they heard their parents or grandparents, and they never risked eating the fruits, and probably never will.
I know many people who work with collection of fruits in the woods and I had the opportunity to walk with these people in many expeditions, many called me crazy for trying various fruits they believe to be poisonous. I argued and often explained that it was not a poisonous fruit, and I knew the correct botanical identification, but it is not enough for them to believe, is a complex culture and very hard to be adjusted, I do not worry about that anymore. Unfortunately the identification studies do not include information concerning to the fruit is edible or not, that orients and generates the idea that they are unfit for human consumption.
It's incredible the lack of knowledge of mankind about the flora of our planet, there are countless researchers around the few remaining forests on the surface of the planet, always publish studies but in recent times hardly publish on new species. Today there is generally no more students who are interested in the area of taxonomy, and only great teachers of the area are retired or died. There is no more incentive to masters or doctoral students entering studies in the area of taxonomy, today other study areas of botany has much more visibility. That is anyone discovers new species these days, and I'm sure there are countless species that have never been identified, many disappeared before being discovered, as many already disappeared and we will never know the existence.
I do not like being tragic or pessimistic, but it is a great loss to humanity to pay much attention to other areas of science, and so little attention to the flora of our planet. It is understandable that the studies that are made today are to improve our knowledge on species that have been discovered, but do not care about the thousands of unknown species that are being decimated. Knife and a search will find that almost every species we know today have been identified for many years ago, and incredibly by a small number of researchers, in the years after the work was done aimed only sort and group these species. It is interesting to know the work of Carl Friedrich Philipp von Martius, after the knowledge of the work of this illustrious researcher can better understand that almost nothing is done today. My concern is that if we are living in the next 50 years we will witness the announcement of the extinction of a daunting number of fauna and flora species.
Best regards,

Vitor
[/quote]

Tropical Fruit Bonsai

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »
Vitor is a big loss for all of us! We miss you all!

Giampaolo

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »
Hope he is doing well. The world needs more people like him!
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2019, 11:16:48 AM »
Vitor is a big loss for all of us! We miss you all!

Giampaolo

Very big loss indeed!

fruit trees

• Brasil / São Paulo
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2020, 12:05:50 PM »
Hi Vitor. I'm looking for you, did you get new species?

Domnik

• 7A Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »
Friends, bureaucracy and dishonest laws can finish off any enthusiast or force him to limit his activity. Active and intelligent people are the number one enemy of every power. Vitor is a sensitive, intelligent man who has seen a lot. For this he likes to write as I do. From the first or second letter I felt that we are souls in the field of botanical passion and love for the written word. His stories about what is happening in the Amazon are terrifying. Probably seeing how their government treats active people and nature which is a world heritage, gave it up with offering seeds for some time. It remains for us to count on some changes. The passion of people such as Vitor allows you to keep at least a small fragment of nature (spreading it around the world). In this way, at least some will remain for future generations.
Patience is a gardener's virtue

Taparyal

• Arvan Hashun
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »
Dear Friends, who has heard of Vitor and when the last time! I have no news fromhim since the end of 2018. We are friends and talked a lot on mail, nad i am really worried. I did not recieve anymore any answer on my mails since them. Has anybody news if he is ok?

fruit trees

• Brasil / São Paulo
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2020, 10:31:54 AM »
Does anyone have any news about Vitor?

fruit trees

• Brasil / São Paulo
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2021, 09:40:41 PM »
Has anyone been able to talk to Vitor recently?