Author Topic: THIEVES IN THE COMMUNITY  (Read 10437 times)

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
THIEVES IN THE COMMUNITY
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:10:13 PM »
Oscar Jaitt of fruitlovers nurser iv written you in private with no responses and have had a friend ask you in person to pls either send me the seeds iv payed for over 4years ago or refund my money?!?! Steve don’t delete my post! How many other ppl out there are waiting??? You cant do business this way and not be called out within this small community.

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
Re: THIEVES IN THE COMMUNITY
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 05:12:05 PM »
And when confronted yesterday about the topic Oscar chose to delete my message and block me for asking for a refund…

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 06:41:45 PM »
Huh.  I have bought from Oscar and never had a problem. Always got my seeds fast and never had any communication issues.

Carolyn

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 07:06:05 PM »
Must be some misunderstanding. I've bought scions from Oscar with absolutely no problem. Id happily buy from him again

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 07:36:54 PM »
Sorry to hear of your problem with Oscar, he has always been a stand up person to me on many orders if some didn't germinate and told him and he replaced them so something is not right hear :o ???

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 09:05:26 PM »
Go read through the “grow all the fruts” fb page where i made another post i not the only one just the willing to say something and stand up for whats right! This is not about money any more its about ethics and business

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 09:16:14 PM »
I’ve bought stuff from Oscar, and the seeds were good. Unfortunately, one of the packets he sent me was the wrong type of seeds, and despite my communication attempts I never got a response. He’s probably busy with his business and mistakes like that can happen. Wouldn’t mind ordering from him again as he has one of the largest selections of tropical fruits seeds for sale in the US.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 09:50:20 PM »
I have ordered seeds from Oscar multiple times over the years and they always appear to be correct and well packaged.  My only complaint is that sometimes he lists things as available he doesn't actually have for sale *right now* but I think he is a great resource and a trustworthy seller.  If you really feel you are being ripped off you always have the paypal dispute options, but I suspect that he will get back to you before it comes to that

SaltwaterTx

• Gulf Coast Tx 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 10:08:04 PM »
I’ve ordered before a couple times without any problems, received a lot of rare selections. He sent everything over pretty fast. Sorry to hear you had trouble.

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 10:12:40 PM »
To my point exactly listing things as available but are not taking ppls money and not refunding or responding (if fact blocking me) while given 4 years to fulfill is not ethical on top of it he’s middle maning from se Asia

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 10:17:52 PM »
I know this is the unpopular thing to say because he has indeed successfully fulfilled many orders over the years but for all of us who he has burned it should out weight, ethics ethics ethics!

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »
I know this is the unpopular thing to say because he has indeed successfully fulfilled many orders over the years but for all of us who he has burned it should out weight, ethics ethics ethics!
This is baffling and doesn't sound good.  I can understand your frustration and unhappiness.
John

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 09:41:14 AM »
You joined with the specific (sole?) intent to complain about a failed transaction, having nothing to do with TFF, that happened 4 years ago, correct? That's going to be unpopular for several reasons. We are a community, this is not Ripoff Report (https://www.ripoffreport.com/); you have outside beef, best to keep it outside. You want to join the community to learn, contribute, transact with other members, you are welcome. You want to get in-touch with a member through this forum, try sending them a Private Message or two, first. Going straight to starting a thread with a title like yours as your first communication, calling out a member for over a decade by their full name on a public forum, it's not going to be popular. 

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 10:03:03 AM »
You joined with the specific (sole?) intent to complain about a failed transaction, having nothing to do with TFF, that happened 4 years ago, correct? That's going to be unpopular for several reasons. We are a community, this is not Ripoff Report (https://www.ripoffreport.com/); you have outside beef, best to keep it outside. You want to join the community to learn, contribute, transact with other members, you are welcome. You want to get in-touch with a member through this forum, try sending them a Private Message or two, first. Going straight to starting a thread with a title like yours as your first communication, calling out a member for over a decade by their full name on a public forum, it's not going to be popular.

Certainly made an entrance

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 10:40:06 AM »
Haven’t had a problem in the few orders I made with Oscar over the years, but look man your beef is something that happened 4 years ago….talk about ethics…. Is it ethical to remain mad at someone for four years? Your issue with him isn’t being received well as the success stories dwarf any issues. “Acting as a middleman to SE Asian suppliers “ ….of course somebody’s got to LOL most of us dont have contacts in other countries or want the hassle of establishing the necessary time/communication/logistics behind an international and consistent supply chain of rare seeds…

I hope you heal eventually 👍

-Joe

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 10:41:40 AM »
Always two sides to a story. I'd be interested to hear Oscar's side of things. It's real easy to create false impressions from one side not actually knowing what in truth may have occurred. There could be a valid reason for both parties to have an issue from opposing views. Or one person is simply in the wrong and is just being overly exaggerative from their side. Nobody likes to admit fault especially these days. Not a whole lot of moral fiber in today's society. Not saying the original poster is in the wrong at all so don't get offended. Just saying we only know your side of things and Oscar hasn't yet defended his side if the story.
Trying to grow it all!

akanonui

• zone 6b, Southeast Michigan. But I have a greenhouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 01:32:54 PM »
I also never received part of my package one order and never received a response after but I didn’t press the issue because it was like a $6 pack or something small like that. Interesting to see others with the same problem

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 01:54:30 PM »

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 02:10:25 PM »
Ok sorry let me try to be more clear
Iv had an account for many yrs just haven’t been on in a long time and could not remember password so had to make a new account
Yes its been 4years maybe this is my fault but i do understand trees dont fruit every yr so i was giving plenty of time to deliver as well as just not wanting to stir the pot but in talking to a friend he suggested i mentioned it to him Coincidentally i made a comment on a friends post on FB (grow all the fruits) where Oscar commented on my comment so i took that opportunity to nicely mention to him and getting a refund for my order ($200) and this is where he crossed over from just being a bad businessman to a crook rather than simply having a conversation with me he CHOSE to delete my comment and block me out right on FB. I know for a fact im not the only one in this situation confirmed now on here as well as on my post on grow all the fruits FB page as well as confirmed by administrators on that page and HTFG
I know this is an unpopular post as he certainly has delivered many rare seed to lots of ppl over the years this brings me no joy to have to write this but i do feel it would be an injustice to the next guy if i  stay silent so shoot the messenger if you like just warning ppl all the best and happy growing Aloha!!!

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 02:53:14 PM »
i bought some scions once from Oscar and paid for expedidted shipping but recieved the scions a week later in a regular 7$ priority mail small flat rate box.  I had paid like 50$ or something crazy for expedited postage.  He did refund me when I brought it up but it left a bad impression.  Had a few other people tell me similar story.  He didnt use the extra money he took for any kind of expedited postage and wasnt planning to refund it.  what the hell? 

I get it people make mistakes.  I make mistakes on orders and will refund it or resend it etc.  Its better to try and keep everyone happy but sometimes also not possible. 

Ill just say that if you use paypal and do it as a for goods and services  transaction you can usually get your money back if this kind of thing happens.  I try and do most of my transactions that way so the buyer has a good piece of mind and it makes everything more professional by using invoices with records of all sales and makes paying taxes on my earning easier come tax time.  If you are buying stuff from someone you don't know, this is a good way to go.

I hope people realize some of us are doing enough business to actually pay taxes both state and federal on this plant stuff.  And doing it all legit takes some extra efforts of book keeping and filing taxes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 02:57:18 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2022, 03:14:33 PM »
Thank you Brad for speaking up and thank you for your recommendations hopefully some of these previous commenters can see im not the only one who has had issues.
Surly there two side to ever story id love Oscar to come in here and explain why he deleted my request for a refund and decided to Block a customer from asking a question… im here all ears! :)

Acetogenin

• USA, Orlando, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 07:08:21 PM »
Never dealt with him but glad it was brought up.  Nothing worse than a thief

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 07:26:04 AM »
 I doubt he even has all the fruits he has listed on his website. The rare artocarpus and durios that he has listed but probably never fruited. If they had fruited for him I’m sure he would post about it here. I have seen him making outlandish claims in the past and knew he was full of it.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 09:54:01 AM »
Never dealt with him but glad it was brought up.  Nothing worse than a thief
...and there it is. This is exactly why I'd eject this whole thread into the sun, if I was the Mod of this board. Now a member who's been selling here practically since this forum started is a thief. I don't know Oscar from Adam, never had any interactions with him, but I can look at his history here, over 15,000 posts with BS&T threads going back to 2012,  and tell he's not a thief in the night. Starting a thread like this, calling a member out over a failed transaction 4 years ago, it's BS. None of the sellers on here are Walmart; complaining here now about something you bought 4 years ago and expecting any satisfaction, regardless of your justification(s), is flat ridiculous.

If the sole intent is character assassination, which seems likely, it's poorly placed here. You have a problem with something you bought through a posting on the BS&T board, even one that happened years ago, complain about it in the original offer post or subsequent sales posts started by that seller. If you connected through Facebook, the seller's website or any other place besides the BS&T board, keep your beef there. You have general beef with a member, take it to the General Discussion board.

None of the sellers on here are getting rich off their efforts; hold them accountable, but the standard should be reasonable.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 10:11:42 AM »
I've dealt with Oscar several times over the years. Has always come through. Communication has been good as well. If he has something I am looking for, would still order from him.