Author Topic: THIEVES IN THE COMMUNITY  (Read 10431 times)

dsweet43

• Port Richey, FL
    • View Profile
Re: THIEVES IN THE COMMUNITY
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »
I have spent thousands with Oscar,

He has never scammed me either.

Still have many open orders as things are seasonal, I'm sure I will receive my orders.

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 01:05:35 PM »
I guess i look at this community as a team or a family and an injustice to one of us in my mind is an injustice to all of us, put yourself in my shoes it could have been you who he ripped off and in that case id have your back but apparently lot of ppl dont think that way maybe living w a tight community here in hawaii gives that feeling where all you FL guys have such large populations that feeling does not exist.

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2022, 01:12:15 PM »
This is the same kind of shenanigans that increasingly pushes reputable sellers and members out of the Ourfigs forum.  Hate to see that happen here.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2022, 01:46:43 PM »
I guess i look at this community as a team or a family and an injustice to one of us in my mind is an injustice to all of us, put yourself in my shoes it could have been you who he ripped off and in that case id have your back but apparently lot of ppl dont think that way maybe living w a tight community here in hawaii gives that feeling where all you FL guys have such large populations that feeling does not exist.

Ollie, you mention that you lost your password from past membership. What was your username before?

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2022, 01:49:17 PM »
mediation?

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2022, 02:43:15 PM »
mediation?

lol!

We all have been on the negative end of bad deals throughout our lives. How many forums could we all have joined? How many threads have not been posted...

Trying to ruin someone's reputation over $200, without us knowing who you are, is a bit of a leap. Oscar, like all of us; fair topics for open critique. Just seems weird, you claiming to be part of a "community" and posting strong statements about a longtime known member, and yet who knows who you are?

More than making people not want to work with Oscar, you may deter others from dealing with you.

Hope you get your seeds or money back. Good luck

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2022, 05:03:35 PM »
This has been discussed here before.

https://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=29196.msg330592#msg330592

Sometimes Fruitlovers does not send your complete order , or refund you for the portion not received.
This is the business’s practice as plenty of folks have experienced.
Oscar has spent more time on the forum in time and number of posts than anyone and has contributed a ton to the forum and fruit community in general so it would be nice to hear this policy explained or defended. Sometimes it sounds better in your head than in practice.

While Ollie does not have the same presence in the forum, I am sure he has nothing to gain besides his money back and would prefer to have handled privately.

I think if there was a solid system in place for Fruitlovers to send people the seeds they paid for months or years ago once they are back in season , it would / should be stated.

I stopped ordering seeds because this happened to me. It was a small amount of money, I would have spent much more over the years but stopped and just ordered elsewhere. 

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2022, 08:17:38 PM »
Thank you bush2beach I appreciate your defense and yes exactly i have nothing to gain from this (im a buyer collector not a seller i have a 9ac farm of hundreds of tropical fruits)  and  of course i would have preferred to handle this privately i tried to but he deleted my comment and blocked me from communication this is the back lash of treating a customer like that…
Rob i believe i had the same user name but ill be honest like i said i have not been on site for a few years and iv only bought seeds from one seller on here so no i not super active on this site not sure why that matters and you say no one knows me and sure you and most dont but some do. And they know im a serious collector but again should not matter + i live in hawaii so much more active on HTFG fb page
Its funny to me that i feel like i have to defend myself on this topic im just speaking truths to help other not end up in the same fate or at least buy w caution
I know exactly who Oscar is i  know his farm and and a lot of the things he grows we have a lot of the same friends hence why i was almost going to say nothing and just eat the $200 to avoid rocking the boat but when he chose to delete and block for simply asking for a refund it rubbed me the wrong way he could have literally told me anything like sorry let me check records or sorry i thought i send those seeds but by blocking me and deleting my comment tells me you are keep my money!

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2022, 08:21:19 PM »
I got kids to feed! And i sweat for my money $200 is not pocket change…

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2022, 08:53:07 PM »
Oscar Jaitt of fruitlovers nurser iv written you in private with no responses and have had a friend ask you in person to pls either send me the seeds iv payed for over 4years ago or refund my money?!?! Steve don’t delete my post! How many other ppl out there are waiting??? You cant do business this way and not be called out within this small community.
I never received any email from you about this. Most of the seeds you ordered were sent to you, and the 2 that weren't were refunded to you very long ago. This was all occuring 3 years ago. If you have an issue why do you wait 3 years to gripe about it? And why do you air your dirty laundry in facebook or on this forum rather than really trying to contact me? I don't think trying to publicly shame me is going to help you at all.
Oscar

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2022, 08:56:24 PM »
I have ordered seeds from Oscar multiple times over the years and they always appear to be correct and well packaged.  My only complaint is that sometimes he lists things as available he doesn't actually have for sale *right now* but I think he is a great resource and a trustworthy seller.  If you really feel you are being ripped off you always have the paypal dispute options, but I suspect that he will get back to you before it comes to that
If he really thought i was a thief he would have tried to get a refund from Paypal many years ago. Isn't there something suspect in that he waits 3 or 4 years to gripe about this. I wonder what his real beef is?
Oscar

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2022, 08:59:56 PM »
Always two sides to a story. I'd be interested to hear Oscar's side of things. It's real easy to create false impressions from one side not actually knowing what in truth may have occurred. There could be a valid reason for both parties to have an issue from opposing views. Or one person is simply in the wrong and is just being overly exaggerative from their side. Nobody likes to admit fault especially these days. Not a whole lot of moral fiber in today's society. Not saying the original poster is in the wrong at all so don't get offended. Just saying we only know your side of things and Oscar hasn't yet defended his side if the story.
The facts are that he was refunded years ago. He doesn't keep any records, doesn't remember what he ordered, and doesn't remember that he was refunded. And then waits many years to complain about it???
Oscar

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2022, 09:06:59 PM »
Most seeds were not sent in fact your missing $200 worth! so explain deleting my comment and blocking me on FB for asking a simple question, rather than being polite and having a conversation to explain yourself like a normal person would have, its easy to tell by your rude comment that you are not a good person and deserve no one’s business The hawaii community knows the real deal same on you for stealing money from community members i know for a fact im not the first and surly not the last my jobs done here your true colors have been shown KARMA will catch up w you o and i dont need any help you do!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2022, 09:07:42 PM »
Thank you Brad for speaking up and thank you for your recommendations hopefully some of these previous commenters can see im not the only one who has had issues.
Surly there two side to ever story id love Oscar to come in here and explain why he deleted my request for a refund and decided to Block a customer from asking a question… im here all ears! :)
I've been sending seeds to people for over 30 years. So is it any surprise to you that of the many hundreds (or is it thousands) of packages i've sent that some people are not satisfied? Fortunatlely most customers don't wait 4 years to complain about something, to air their dirty laundry, or to try to defame me by calling me a thief. I don't take this lightly. I don't need to steal from anybody. Also i have proof that all items were either sent or refunded to you. Unlike you Ollie i keep a record of all my transactions.
Oscar

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2022, 09:08:59 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:56:04 PM by Ollie510 »

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2022, 09:11:35 PM »
Most seeds were not sent in fact your missing $200 worth! so explain deleting my comment and blocking me on FB for asking a simple question, rather than being polite and having a conversation to explain yourself like a normal person would have, its easy to tell by your rude comment that you are not a good person and deserve no one’s business The hawaii community knows the real deal same on you for stealing money from community members i know for a fact im not the first and surly not the last my jobs done here your true colors have been shown KARMA will catch up w you o and i dont need any help you do!
I didn't delete you on FB. The group administrator did. Don't be surprised if you get deleted here also. You're defaming me, calling me a thief! You're not trying to resolve a dispute. That is really clear to everyone by now.
Oscar

BayAreaMicroClimate

• Dublin, California 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2022, 09:11:56 PM »
I can see scamming from other side of world and claiming that the seeds got destroyed during shipping but doing it to somebody that knows where you live is pretty ballsy. Sounds like either lost track of transaction information or personal beef

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2022, 09:14:07 PM »
Thats a lie i check with joe and he check w steve and they say they did not delete it…

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2022, 09:15:19 PM »
O and you blocked me because i cant find you on fb anymore your just trying to save face now

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2022, 09:25:47 PM »
I blocked you from FB because you are only trying to harass me, not to resolve any issue. I haven't received any emails from you in many years! I cannot delete a post in a group where i'm not a moderator. That should be obvious to you, but it isn't? I haven't called you any names or accused you of any crimes, like you have, and continue to do, although defaming and abusing someone publicly is a crime and you're obviously guilty of that.
Oscar

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2022, 09:54:48 PM »
O ok i get it a customer kindly asking for a refund is harassing to you!!! Lol!!! And it went from denial of blocking me to admitting it within a few posts lol like you said you deal w thousand of orders im dealing with one who you think is more likely to loose track…. The only criminal here is you and you self created that.

driftwood

• my name is driftwood, nice to meet you
    • Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2022, 10:19:30 PM »
I see tracking numbers for 2/5 seed purchases so the amount missing is only the remaining 3 seed types, 90$ (35$+35$+20$). A missing 90$ from 3.5 years ago doesn't equate to thievery in my opinion

Ollie510

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2022, 10:51:30 PM »
Thank you driftwood i stand corrected and i will alway admit when im wrong yes those two were what was sent but I disagree $90 is still $90 and not refunding and refusing to communicate is theft. Yes its been time covid seemed to suck up 2yrs fast so again i take blame for not trying to resolve soon but it really should not matter if its three  weeks or three years a refund is a refund and i keep saying this but when you block and delete for asking is where i draw the line

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 01:10:53 AM »
These 2 people live near each other ? This issue should have been sorted out bare knuckle on someones orchard old school.

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2022, 02:06:38 AM »
mediation?

These 2 people live near each other ? This issue should have been sorted out bare knuckle on someones orchard old school.

THUNDERDOME!!!! THUNDERDOME!!! >:(

Somebody bust the popcorn tin out, I call dibs on the caramel corn!!