Author Topic: Which variety is the "Taiwanese Guava" sold in the nurseries  (Read 618 times)

vrk3

• San Jose
    • View Profile
Hi,

When nurseries have "Taiwanese Guava" as the label, which variety of Taiwan guava is it? - Pearl, Century, Pear, Crystal etc?

Ckitto

• USA, CA, Hacienda Heights
    • View Profile
Re: Which variety is the "Taiwanese Guava" sold in the nurseries
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 12:49:20 AM »
Unknown. I know many nurseries (especially in socal) source their air layered guava trees from local growers. Many may not even know the variety and simply say "Taiwanese". I bought 4 trees few years ago from a local nursery labeled "Taiwanese". One of the four is different. Better quality fruits but a bit more shy bearing.

Ckitto

• USA, CA, Hacienda Heights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 01:04:14 AM »
I saw you are on the hunt for TW guava. I know a master garderner here in Socal who propagate pearl, crystal, emperor, king kong, watermelon, TW ruby and many others. He used to take preorders and deliver a van load of trees up to Norcal. Not sure if he is doing that anymore.

I bought emperor, watermelon, king Kong, crystal and pearl from him. I visited his yard many times and seen his trees where he air layered them. I can provide his contact if you send me an IM.

vrk3

• San Jose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 07:49:54 PM »
Yes, thanks. I sent you an IM. Let me know if you received it (I can't tell from my side)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk