Author Topic: Turning a circle into a square head to head irrigation alternating riser height  (Read 291 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Setting up a mini warbler Nursery irrigation Zone.
Spacing on Mini wobblers are 10 to 20 ft
I know the radius is 10  the diameter is 20 ft. I wasn't understanding that 10 ft turns a circle into a square and in my mind thought that the head-to-head spray patterns would not necessarily cancel each other but cause some areas to receive more irrigation than others. Would alternating the height of the risers be beneficial for spray pattern and even water distribution🙂

Since Galatians exposed me to the Miracles of the mini wobbler. I have taken irrigation up as a hobby helping local folks who are small potatoes small fry set up systems. In return I get to pick from their Nursery stock and distribute it through the co-op I've established. All just for fun and entertainment. Laid my eyeballs on some Florida special pineapples yeah boy

Mema in law summer preservation experiment not Alpine most likely it's Kunook Canadian

Along with a 15 lb pressure reducer these are my new friends

« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:20:16 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
After studying many images I've come to the conclusion that Riser height should be uniformly the same height. I found this very interesting video worthy of watching

https://youtu.be/DgOgBCZOoQI
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
After studying many images I've come to the conclusion that Riser height should be uniformly the same height. I found this very interesting video worthy of watching

I've never seen anyone alternate riser height. Pressure regulators are pretty neat. I was just in a grove with a large elevation change and the owner was showing me that each sub-main had a pressure regulator on it. It kept the whole grove at 25 psi instead of 15 at the top of the hill and 50 at the bottom.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile

I've never seen anyone alternate riser height. Pressure regulators are pretty neat. I was just in a grove with a large elevation change and the owner was showing me that each sub-main had a pressure regulator on it. It kept the whole grove at 25 psi instead of 15 at the top of the hill and 50 at the bottom.
Yeah it was probably overthinking the overlapping Collision of irrigation spray. I was thinking if one was cascading down on top of the other might be effective. Just out of curiosity iwill set up two prototypes and test it out with a catch cans. Since it's a small system I was going to put pressure regulators at each individual riser to get the maximum amount of wobblers per Zone. But one on the sub main line would be more cost-effective. For the 1 gallon and 3 gallons Maybe up to seven the wobblers will work nicely but the amount of water needed to irrigate one acre is mind boggling. Anything larger then the 7 gallons  individual pot watering is so much more efficient. I recently saw an article about raising cantaloupes hydroponically but one of my friends talk me out of it. Which wasn't too hard when he mentioned it's just as needy as a saltwater fish tank

https://www.hortidaily.com/article/6035144/hydroponic-high-wire-melons-taking-off-globally/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:10:05 AM by bovine421 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk