Author Topic: Flying Fox Fruits Nursery  (Read 282858 times)

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Adam, you may want to check with your Ag Inspector to see if indoor & hydroponically grown plants (free of soil, not exposed to pests) would qualify for shipping to CA... may be worth pursuing for your CA customers.
Yes, please do Adam, I would love to have some actual plants rather than scion or seed from your nursery because I am not a very good grafter. I have only had one grafting success and it was with apples which aren't even tropical. I think plants would be much better in my case.
Jackson

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
from what I understand, yes I could potentially do what you're saying...

but!

I can't grow indoors at my house...(I don't want to run a business at my home address)..so for now.I'm stuck with some regular old greenhouses, they don't even have concrete flooring...but I have about 500sqft of greenhouse jam packed with plants...and access to scions you won't find for sale anywhere else.

After all, I am trying to encourage more people to start grafting!

but seriously speaking, I'm trying to be set up for shipping to CA (LA TX AZ) by this summer.

sorry i can't ship plants now.
Adam, you may want to check with your Ag Inspector to see if indoor & hydroponically grown plants (free of soil, not exposed to pests) would qualify for shipping to CA... may be worth pursuing for your CA customers.
Yes, please do Adam, I would love to have some actual plants rather than scion or seed from your nursery because I am not a very good grafter. I have only had one grafting success and it was with apples which aren't even tropical. I think plants would be much better in my case.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

socal10b

• El Monte, CA
    • View Profile
will you be able to sell mango scions to Californians? great looking site best of luck.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
will you be able to sell mango scions to Californians? great looking site best of luck.

yes!!!

and I will have access to most of the varieties that are sold by Zills! (but patented varieties like Coconut Cream will not be available)

I'll also have access to some of the rare mango varieties that zills doesn't have!

I can send seeds and scions to any state in the USA!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:51:16 PM by ASaffron »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

emegar

• Zone 9b/10a, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    • View Profile
Can't wait to see a list of these, Adam!
James

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Adam, you can send layers to the terrrible four: CA, TX, AZ, and LO. Air layers are not subject to nematode rules as long as the air layer is taken a certain distance from the ground. I think here it is 4 feet. Might be different in FL. Just say that to inspectors when you take it in to be passed. Ofcourse the air layer ball has to be totally free from ants, which usually means they have to be dipped.
Oscar

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
Adam, you can send layers to the terrrible four: CA, TX, AZ, and LO. Air layers are not subject to nematode rules as long as the air layer is taken a certain distance from the ground. I think here it is 4 feet. Might be different in FL. Just say that to inspectors when you take it in to be passed. Ofcourse the air layer ball has to be totally free from ants, which usually means they have to be dipped.
Ditto, what Oscar said, this seller on ebay sells freshly cut air layer lychee and have been sending her air layers to many customer in CA, including me, that came through fine. On the box, has the Fl Ag stamp on it too. Maybe you might want to ask her, what is the process? BTW, her name is Suzanne Greene from Merritt Island, FL.

This is her ebay ad http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Lychee-Lichi-Live-Plant-Nutritious-Fruit-Tree-Treat-Air-Layer-Nut-Sweet-Heart-/201010927189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecd2f5655

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
Adam,

When are you going to update your website with your plants collection, Seeds availability, prices , shipping , etc ?

Looking forward to get some seeds from you.  8)

Mohd
Moh'd

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Adam
 Congratulations I know you will do well. If I can help in any way let me know.

Your Friend Mike
Mike

socal10b

• El Monte, CA
    • View Profile

yes!!!

and I will have access to most of the varieties that are sold by Zills! (but patented varieties like Coconut Cream will not be available)

I'll also have access to some of the rare mango varieties that zills doesn't have!

Thanks Adam. Can't wait to see the lists. Will there be a ridiculous minimum order of 100USD rule?

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
thanks!

the minimum order is $10.

some of my plants are quite expensive..but only the rare ones...I have great deals on the more common items.

yes!!!

Thanks Adam. Can't wait to see the lists. Will there be a ridiculous minimum order of 100USD rule?
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

AnnonAddict

• Growing too many things at once
    • Santa Barbara, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Hey Adam, can you ship whole fruits? I am very interested in tasting any of your rare Rollinia's or Annona cornifolia.
Jackson

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
yes I can ship whole fruits but I don't think I can ship them to the terrible 4 states!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Adam, i'm curious why you picked flying fox as your nursery name? Especially given there are none in Florida? I think these destructive fruit eating creatures bring a shiver to fruit growers in Australia and S. Pacific. Definitely would not be a good name in those areas! HAHA
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Adam, i'm curious why you picked flying fox as your nursery name? Especially given there are none in Florida? I think these destructive fruit eating creatures bring a shiver to fruit growers in Australia and S. Pacific. Definitely would not be a good name in those areas! HAHA

Of course, wishing you well and great success.  I was wondering what attracted you to the flying fox as a name/logo of your business.  Very non-Floridianish.

Harry,

I chose the grey headed flying fox proper as the supporter of my great seal, mainly because it's a voracious consumer of fruits (capable of delivering fruit seeds via air mail so to speak)...although it's not a floridian symbol, it's one of a real fruit addict!  An animal that lives breathes and eats nothing but tropical fruit!

thanks once again to the kind forum members who have expressed their support for my new nursery!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
OK thanks, i took a bit of a break and missed some of the posts.
Oscar

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
Congratulations on your nursery opening,Adam.
Sorry if I'm late.

val

• central florida 9b
    • View Profile
I had an opportunity to visit the Flying Fox Fruits nursery yesterday.  Adam was a gracious host and gave me a tour of his greeenhouses. Wow!  The number of species was mind boggling. It was quite impressive. Adam also gave me a taste of his Red jabo. It was the first time I have tasted any jabo  fruit although i do have a young tree. Loved it of course and plan on planting more. I picked up a Tori loquat for a decent price and I'll be back for more exotic trees. Thanks Adam!

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
I had an opportunity to visit the Flying Fox Fruits nursery yesterday.  Adam was a gracious host and gave me a tour of his greeenhouses. Wow!  The number of species was mind boggling. It was quite impressive. Adam also gave me a taste of his Red jabo. It was the first time I have tasted any jabo  fruit although i do have a young tree. Loved it of course and plan on planting more. I picked up a Tori loquat for a decent price and I'll be back for more exotic trees. Thanks Adam!

Thanks Val!

It was a very nice to meet you!  I always like to meet forum members, and to get a chance to put a face with a username.

Believe it or not, you were my first customer to visit the nursery since I've got my license!

I really appreciate your enthusiasm for tropical fruits...9 out of 10 people wouldn't give a rats petunia about all of the plants I'm growing...but I think that's slowly changing....people are catching on.  They're starting to realize that we can grow 100's of edibles, rather than dozens.

Thanks again for coming to visit, and supporting me!

If you ever have any questions, or anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Nice to hear the report, I am going to have to stop by one of these days. Congrats again Adam on the license.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
Hi Val! My dear you are a lucky girl!  ;D

val

• central florida 9b
    • View Profile
Hi Val! My dear you are a lucky girl!  ;D

Yes I feel fortunate to have Adam's nursery nearby.  It will make spring planting more interesting.

bradflorida

• Osprey, FL. Zone 10A.
    • View Profile
Congrats Adam.   I wish you great success!

Brad
Brad

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
Flying Fox Nursery rocks!  I received my shipment of plants today and they all look wonderful.  I am really happy with everything I got!  8)

Thanks Adam!
Brandon

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Flying Fox Nursery rocks!  I received my shipment of plants today and they all look wonderful.  I am really happy with everything I got!  8)

Thanks Adam!

Wholeheartedly agreed! I, too, got my batch of Hybrid Jaboticaba seeds on the 12/03 and 8 of them sprouted 4 days later!!! They will be potting up this weekend. Thanks again, Adam!
Thera