Author Topic: Plants & Cuttings for Sale- Mango, Siam Mulberry, Baobab, Inga (Updated 9/15)  (Read 1041 times)

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

Got more plants and cuttings available, U.S. only. Prices listed below; plants will be shipped via USPS priority shipping.

Cuttings:
Prices listed below. Flat cost $10 for shipping cuttings via USPS Priority Mail, feel free to bundle.

Peach Cobbler Mango - 3 Cuttings ($12 total) - Trimmed back the P.C. Mango a bit, one of my favorite cultivars. The forum has dozens of pages of info on this cultivar, but feel free to ask questions.

Lemon Zest Mango - 4 Cuttings ($12 total) - Primarily young growth that I just trimmed off. Lemon Zest is by far my favorite mango cultivar. The forum has dozens of pages of info on this cultivar, but feel free to ask any questions.

Siam Jumbo Mulberry - 6 Cuttings ($10 total) - Very easy variety to root cuttings, especially in water. Makes a sturdy and fast-growing rootstock, the fruits themselves are fairly sweet once the plant is matured.

Machete Ice Cream Bean (Inga Spectabilis) - 4 Cuttings ($6 total) - This ice cream bean is a phenomenal grower, third time ive pruned this summer. Great nitrogen-fixer for the garden or poor soils, establishes shade quickly. Personally, I enjoy the ice cream beans that don't have a cinnamon flavor. Cuttings are pretty easy to root in soil, haven't tried water yet. Can be grafted as well.

Babaco Papaya aka Mountain Papaya (Vasconcellea spp. hybrid) - 4 Cuttings ($10 total) Sold.
This has been a fun papaya to grow, and my first rooted cutting is finally producing cuttings. Cut up my second plant that I didn't have space for. I had fair success rooting these cuttings in a perlite-loose soil-perlite mix. Might be able to root it in water.

Seedlings:   USPS Prioirty Shipping cost factored in to listings below

Australian Baobab (Adansonia gregorii) - One 1-gal Seedling ($22, includes shipping) - Fast-growing Baobab, the only one native to Australia. Species is dioecious.

Ice Cream Bean (Inga edulis) - ~12 seedlings ($2 each, 3 minimum. Shipping $10) - A fast-growing nitrogen fixer, great for naturally modifying poor soils and producing quick shade. Ideal for establishing new food forests. At the same time, produces sweet and cottony fruit within a few years.

Red Seashore Mangosteen (Garcinia hombroniana) - 2 Plants ($20 for both, includes shipping) - I find these to be slow and sensitive; can't give them the specific attention that some young Garcinia's need. $20 both plants, includes shipping, will be shipped semi-bare root.

Thanks for looking!
Dan
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 11:20:44 PM by FloridaManDan »

nofspeppers

• New York, 7B
    • View Profile
Re: Seedlings and Plants for sale!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 08:58:55 PM »
Sending pm

shirleywatson

• Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 03:50:11 AM »
I'm in Irvine, CA. Can you ship for me?

FloridaManDan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 11:57:51 AM »
If you're actually not a bot, sure. Feel free to send a PM.

FloridaManDan

• View Profile
Bump. Updated 8/31.

TFL77

• Redland florida 33187
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

Got more plants and seedlings available, U.S. only. Prices listed below; plants will be shipped via USPS priority shipping, generally $11-$17 and depends on amount ordered. Feel free to send offers and questions.

Abiu (Pouteria caimito) - 6 freshly emerged Seedlings [$8 each]. Described as "creamy white flesh...lightly sweet, with a strong hint of caramel and vanilla." Potential as a roostock for other Pouteria's. Best to keep this one in continuous warm temps. Abiu is self-fruitful but its always recommended to have more than one for a decent crop.

"Excalibur Red" Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus) - about 9 Seedlings available [$8 each]. A delicious variety of jackfruit with an orange-red flesh and softer skin, fruit came from a friend. Latex content was more than tolerable. Note: some of the seedlings may be multi-shoots from one seed.

Pili Nut (Canarium ovatum) - 5 Seedlings available [$13 each]. Useful and popular edible nut, doing well in the Florida summer sun with partial shade. Species is dioecious, I recommend getting 2+ for a chance of nut production (or grab all and I can bundle)

Cupuassu (Theobroma grandiflorum) - 3 Seedlings available [$15 each] - A relative of cacao that produces a fruit said to taste of chocolate with hints of tropical fruit like melon or pineapple.

Ice Cream Bean (Inga edulis) - ~12 seedlings ($2 each, 4 minimum) - A fast-growing nitrogen fixer, great for naturally modifying poor soils and producing quick shade. Ideal for establishing new food forests. At the same time, produces sweet and cottony fruit within a few years.

Yangambi KM-5 Banana - Sold

Waimanalo Low-Bearing Yellow Papaya (X-77) - Sold

Handful of Turpentine mango rootstock - Sold

NOTE: Plants will not be shipped in the pictured containers, message me with questions.

Thanks for looking,
Dan

hi,
i would like to buy 3 pili nut plants and one excalibur red.thank you.
kumar

FruitGrower

• South Florida
    • View Profile
I PMíd you about the abius, Iíll take them.

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Dan always has great stuff! Always been satisfied with what I get from him.

FloridaManDan

• View Profile
Bump! Updated some items on 9/15.

fishie

• USA, CA, Diamond Bar
    • View Profile
Dan did you get my DMs? I donít see them in my sent box but Iíll buy those siam jumbo cuttings if they are from 9/15. Thanks.
- Lucas

FloridaManDan

• View Profile
Re: Plants & Cuttings for Sale- Mango, Siam Mulberry, Baobab, Inga (Updated 9/15)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 11:17:34 PM »
Not getting any DMs sorry, will send you one now

fishie

• USA, CA, Diamond Bar
    • View Profile
Re: Plants & Cuttings for Sale- Mango, Siam Mulberry, Baobab, Inga (Updated 9/15)
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 01:13:21 AM »
Responded. Thanks!
- Lucas

Fygee

• Las Vegas Gardening Community Admin
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
    • Las Vegas Gardening Community
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 11:53:48 AM »
If any other Siam Jumbo cuttings become available, let me know.

Mine hasn't matured enough to get cuttings from, but it's very highly desired variety out here and I'd like to share the wealth with other local fruiting mulberry growers.
Continuing my journey to disprove those who say "You can't grow that in the desert" since 2013.

FloridaManDan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 12:05:59 PM »
Fygee, I literally just trimmed the remainder of plants to a stump and sent out cuttings, sorry! Trying to assess them as rootstock more so than producers. Very vigorous growers.

However, I may be willing to part ways with one of the stumped plants. Send me a message if interested.

fishie

• USA, CA, Diamond Bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 04:09:34 AM »
Fygee, let me see how many I get to root and maybe I can bring some extras the next time I go to Vegas.
- Lucas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk