Soursop
Yellow Jamaican Cherry
Golden Nugget Jackfruit
Oliver Loquat
Namwa Banana
Grimal Jaboticaba (in a pot)
Three Fig trees in pots
lots of pineapple plants

I keep up with my gardening on my youtube channel.  Here's my most recent mango tree video update: https://youtu.be/3fyzTiUTa68?si=0OuicHEC5lKgAxQ6

brian:

--- Quote from: Cptcatz on September 20, 2023, 08:18:54 PM ---Hi everyone.  I live in Boca Raton, FL and have the following in my backyard:

Alphonso Mango
Pickering Mango
Coconut Cream Mango
Honey Kiss Mango
Silas Wood Sapodilla
Makok Sapodilla
Pace Mamey Sapote
Soursop
Yellow Jamaican Cherry
Golden Nugget Jackfruit
Oliver Loquat
Namwa Banana
Three Fig trees in pots
lots of pineapple plants

I keep up with my gardening on my youtube channel.  Here's my most recent mango tree video update: https://youtu.be/3fyzTiUTa68?si=0OuicHEC5lKgAxQ6

--- End quote ---

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I am interested to hear your opinion of the golden nugget jackfruit.  I have this type also but mine has just started flowering and not fruited yet

Cptcatz:

--- Quote from: brian on September 20, 2023, 08:52:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cptcatz on September 20, 2023, 08:18:54 PM ---Hi everyone.  I live in Boca Raton, FL and have the following in my backyard:

Alphonso Mango
Pickering Mango
Coconut Cream Mango
Honey Kiss Mango
Silas Wood Sapodilla
Makok Sapodilla
Pace Mamey Sapote
Soursop
Yellow Jamaican Cherry
Golden Nugget Jackfruit
Oliver Loquat
Namwa Banana
Three Fig trees in pots
lots of pineapple plants

--- End quote ---

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I am interested to hear your opinion of the golden nugget jackfruit.  I have this type also but mine has just started flowering and not fruited yet

--- End quote ---

I've had the jackfruit tree for about 3 years, it's like 10 feet tall, and still hasn't flowered.  How old and big is your tree?

brian:
Mine is 4yrs I think, I prune it 10ft because it reaches the ceiling fans in my greenhouse. It would be absolutely massive already if didn't prune it.  The trunk is around 4in diameter now.

CapnKirk:
Mango Tree: I'm Mike, have been living in the same house in Thousand Oaks for 27 years or so. Now retired, with a 1/2 acre backyard & slope covered in fruit trees. I started my mango tree from a Kent mango bought at Costco 36 years ago and planted the seed in a movable box in our old home in the San Fernando Valley right after my son was born. Every winter I would bring the box into the garage to keep warm at night, and when we moved to our current home, I finally planted it. The transplanted tree grew from 4 feet tall to 25 feet, but I did cut it back many times. After transplant I covered it with a giant plastic bag & kept it warm with a 100-watt incandescent bulb on cold nights during winters. When the tree grew too large for bags I built a wooden 8-foot-tall shelter around it, which again was covered with plastic and warmed during winter nights. The tree grew out of that large shelter, so I built a 2nd story over it, eventually adding a wooden floor on joists. (ALL outdoor wood was treated wood with all cut ends coated in Copper Green; everything was put together with metal hangers & screws, no nails.) In just a few years the branches & leaves filled the 2nd story, so I opened up one section of the translucent plastic roof and allowed the tree to grow up through that, as well as grow out the sides. Although it did occasionally produce fruit, we did not get significant amounts of fruit on it until 3 years ago. Deep watering once a week seems to help a lot. Photos attached include mango flowers, mango fruit (medium size, small seed, minimal fiber, great taste), looking up at Mango Tree House, the ladder from the 2nd to the 3rd floor of Mango Tree House, and my wife seated on the bench inside Mango Tree House. Inside is 10 feet by 10 feet and very roomy. I posted a YouTube video in 2021 of the inside of the tree house, starting on the 2nd floor, at https://youtube.com/shorts/cveQkwldcK8?feature=share

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version