Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Pineapple Pleasure mango

(1/2) > >>

Greater Good:
Listed as a robust vigorous tree, how small can this mango be kept trimmed yet still fruit?
I'd be happy with 5-6 fruit each season for personal consumption or tossing a couple in a mango box to send to my son in Oregon.

skhan:

--- Quote from: Greater Good on May 31, 2023, 07:31:14 AM ---Listed as a robust vigorous tree, how small can this mango be kept trimmed yet still fruit?
I'd be happy with 5-6 fruit each season for personal consumption or tossing a couple in a mango box to send to my son in Oregon.

--- End quote ---

We have a few people growing it on the forum. (I'm not one of them but I've seen plenty of mature trees).
I guess it depends on how small you thing small is. I'd say an 8-10ft tree might be able to work.
This is not that productive of a variety but the fruits tend to be really big so you'd need a tree to be able to support that weight without breaking.

You should also consider pina colada if you want something less vigorous with some of the same flavor profiles.

johnb51:

--- Quote from: skhan on May 31, 2023, 08:49:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: Greater Good on May 31, 2023, 07:31:14 AM ---Listed as a robust vigorous tree, how small can this mango be kept trimmed yet still fruit?

--- End quote ---

We have a few people growing it on the forum. (I'm not one of them but I've seen plenty of mature trees).
I guess it depends on how small you thing small is. I'd say an 8-10ft tree might be able to work.
This is not that productive of a variety but the fruits tend to be really big so you'd need a tree to be able to support that weight without breaking.

You should also consider pina colada if you want something less vigorous with some of the same flavor profiles.

--- End quote ---
FRUITFUL TREES did a video about a brand new Zill variety, basically described as an improved Piņa Colada.  No name yet.

skhan:
I have 40-26 growing if that's what he is talking about.
I wouldn't plant anything new from ZHPP until enough other people are growing it and the reviews come back in.
I would probably multigraft just out of curiosity

shot:
"I have 40-26 growing if that's what he is talking about.
I wouldn't plant anything new from ZHPP until enough other people are growing it and the reviews come back in.
I would probably multigraft just out of curiosity"

Skhan. 
I like your thinking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version