Everything Else > Tropical Vegetables and Other Edibles - Buy, Sell, & Trade

Seeking Cool Tomato Plants

(1/2) > >>

roblack:
Anyone have plants like Brad's Atomic or Black Strawberry tomatoes, or Everglades tomato? I like the mini tomatoes, like cherries, and interested in different colors. Tasty too

Thx!

D-Grower:
I've got Everglades tomato. I still need to send you Roselle seeds and cranberry hibiscus too.

mcoambassador:
Everglades tomatoes are not really a specific variety, but just kinda a catch-all term for currant (wild) tomatoes that grow well in FL and get passed around the garden community.

If you want a well-vetted currant type tomato, you may want to try Matt's Wild Cherry tomato, or Sara's Galapagos tomato. Those are the two recent most well-reviewed currant types.

roblack:
Thanks D and MCO!

Growing Everglades, Blueberry, Matt's Atomic, Yellow Pear, and now will check out Matt's WC and Sara's GT.

Galatians522:
As crazy as this sounds, I have had really good success planting seeds from the tomato medley packs at Publix. Its almost free and because tomatoes tend to self pollinate most of them come up identical to the parent fruit. Got a super nice Orange Grape tomato that way. I also ended up with a Red Cherry x Evergaldes hybrid this year (from seeds I saved out of last year's garden). The leaves and stem are huge and it doesn't crack like the Everglades. Plus, I think the flavor is better. I am hoping that I can stabilize the genetics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version