Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Why has my Sugar Belle stopped growing?

(1/9) > >>

Calusa:
I planted this Sugar Belle 3 months ago and most of the foliage seen in photo #1 below was on it when I planted it. It added a few shoots of growth immediately after planting, but it seems to have gone dormant the past couple of months and it's gotten paler and the sheen is gone from the foliage. Sugar Belle is a vibrant, fast growing citrus. I received it in the mail from a Florida grower and it was little more than a twig with a few leaves. It started sprouting new foliage while it was in that little citrus pot, so I know it can really put on some growth. I keep it watered, fed with liquid Peters with micro nutrients and a good water soluble granular.  Any ideas as to why it's so pale, and dull looking and not growing? Trees are covered in citrus netting.

Sugar Belle

By comparison, here's a Tango tangerine I planted at the same time, 10 feet away from the Sugar Belle. Its foliage is dark green, its robust and put on a few fruits.

TANGO

brian:
If you posted pictures here they are not showing up, at least for me.

Calusa:

--- Quote from: brian on May 04, 2023, 04:25:25 PM ---If you posted pictures here they are not showing up, at least for me.

--- End quote ---

I added the photos in a different manner so hopefully they are visible. Please let me know. Thanks

Millet:
How long has the tree been growing i the same container and same medium?

Calusa:

--- Quote from: Millet on May 05, 2023, 12:36:30 PM ---How long has the tree been growing i the same container and same medium?

--- End quote ---

I planted it 3 months ago and it was growing like a weed in the container. Then I planted it several weeks later in the same spot I had previously had another citrus that got hit by HLM, in typical Florida sandy soil. I added a few quarts of used coffee grounds and mixed it into the sand along with some garden topsoil that has pine bark nuggets rotting away in it. Then I planted this tree in that. Did I maybe over-do it with acidification?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version