Author Topic: CYAN-365  (Read 1292 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
CYAN-365
« on: July 13, 2021, 09:27:07 PM »
CYAN-365 is really making a name for itself.  In a CYAN-365 study, Hamlins yielded an additional 369 pounds per acre, more than 31 additional boxes per acre, 27% less fruit drop and 18% more fruit count. Valencias yielded 398 more pounds per acre, 54 more boxes per acre and 18.2% more fruit. The product rejuvenates the tree, speeding up the maturing process and keeping the stems healthier. The increased sugar content of the fruit is where CYAN 365 is in a class of its own.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 09:50:37 PM by Millet »

Vlad

• Worcester, MA USDA zone 5b
    • View Profile
Re: CYAN-365
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 09:59:13 PM »
The results are indeed impressive but I cannot find any of the studies to which they refer that show what a great supplement it is. Has it been evaluated in a peer reviewed scientific journal? Or were the studies performed by the manufacturer and not published. I take all of those results with a huge grain of salt.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 10:48:43 PM »
I was assuming this was a new rootstock from the description, I had to dig a bit to figure out what this actually is... seaweed extract. 

"Our proprietary technologies make us truly different

From a selection of five specific and selected seaweeds, C-Green-Ag Biotechnology, selects, extracts and preserves five groups of active ingredients. Each of these five groups of active ingredients naturally enhance and improve vital and critical metabolic functions on the crop. We invented and developed advanced proprietary technologies and industrial processes of extraction. This makes us truly different!"

I'm with Vlad on this, sounds like marketing more than science.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile

Vlad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 08:48:13 AM »
Millet, the article to which you provided a link only mentions the studies the company did with providing a reference to where these studies might be published. I strongly suspect that it is marketing hype.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 10:32:54 AM »
Vlad the information is on The Citrus Industries site.

Laaz

• Charleston, SC 9a
    • View Profile
    • Citrusgrowers forum
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 08:16:14 PM »
The Citrus Industry is great at hyping it's own BS...

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 08:45:32 PM »
Laaz we will just have to agree to disagree about the Citrus Industry magazine hyping BS.  Over the years, I and many others have learned a ton from reading the Citrus Industry Magazine.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:03:49 AM by Millet »

Vlad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 09:56:53 PM »
Millet, the The Citrus Industries site is not a peer reviewed scientific journal. I would like to see exactly how they conducted those studies and would like to see their detailed results. I have not been able to find any study of CYAN-365 in a peer reviewed scientific journal which makes me suspect that such a study does not exist and that their claims are simply marketing BS.

Vlad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 01:58:29 PM »
Millet, I nevertheless do appreciate your posting this article. I will keep my eye open for future articles on CYAN-365.

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 10:01:21 PM »
The bottom of the Citrus Industry article states, "Sponsored Content." So yes, this is an advertisement by C Green Ag Biotechnology for CYAN 365, not any sort of impartial scientific study.

That does not mean that Citrus Industry is not a valid source of information about citrus growing because it ran this advertisement. It just means that this is an ad for a product you may or may not want to buy which may or may not do everything its manufacturer claims. Though, if it is just seaweed extract, you could probably find other equivalent products being sold with less hype for less money.

Vlad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 10:15:48 PM »
@W. I completely agree with you.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 10:58:44 AM »
W thanks for pointing out that the Citrus Industry article concerning Cyan 365 was a Sponsored Content.  I did not see that, and did not even know that Citrus Industry did Sponsored  Contents.  Regret to find that out.  Quite embarrassing.