Author Topic: Yuzu seedlings with mottled color (also, pale / white ones?)  (Read 519 times)

LostBoy_Dani

• USA, California, 10A
    • View Profile
Hello! I have been caring for some very tiny yuzu seedlings i germinated from trade wind seeds. One of them has leaves that have a green and yellow mottled coloring - is this a disease I should do something about? Or just a random color variation? I also have a couple seedlings that have very pale leaves, and am unsure why. Photo attached!

Side note, some of my citrus in general, seedlings or young trees, have leaves that have brown, burned looking tips and come out as a rounded shape. Maybe I over fertilized, or it's too cold, or something?

Can u tell I'm new to this haha

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Yuzu seedlings with mottled color (also, pale / white ones?)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 12:36:25 PM »
They look normal.  One of the leaves looks to be variegated.  The all white one will die because it has no chlorophyll to produce energy.   

kumin

• USA PA 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 02:17:53 AM »
Seedling albinism is frequently caused by seed coat fungal infection. Preventative measures included seed coat removal prior to sowing the seeds, or treating the seeds with a fungicide. Having sown several thousand seeds this Spring, none have been albinos to this point. Untreated lots of seedlings in the past included a considerable percentage of albinos.

Pandan

• Southeast USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 04:40:32 AM »
What fungicide do you use to treat your seeds kumin?

kumin

• USA PA 6b
    • View Profile