Author Topic: Xain Red and Wilson Red Jackfruits  (Read 988 times)

Nayelie321

• In California most of the time.
    • California
    • View Profile
Xain Red and Wilson Red Jackfruits
« on: January 12, 2023, 03:34:41 PM »
Hi, anyone has info on these two varieties? Saw them on Lara Farms Sale site.

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Xain Red and Wilson Red Jackfruits
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:05:04 PM »
I picked up Xain's Red this summer from Leaph Michaelson, this is a newer variety I believe. Great tree, have had zero issues or ailments. Not much more info than already available on Lara Farms website.

cassowary

• Australia FNQ 13a Tropical Monsoon
    • View Profile
    • cassowaryseeds
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 05:58:05 PM »
I know of two red jackfruit trees in au but only tasted from one tree and it was really good.
Idk about those varieties but it’s probibly some random varieties that someone named themselves after getting some seeds of another red hetrophyllus.
IMOE A. Hetrophyllus come true to type most of the time, atleast according to my senses, smell, sight etc.

So those reds are probobly orininally from Indian stock, the home land of Jackfruit. Lots of people tend to name things to increase the fictional value in order to increase profit margins.
CASSOWARYSEEDS.COM
Seed shop and Seed exchange

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 06:30:47 PM »
Idk about those varieties but it’s probibly some random varieties that someone named themselves after getting some seeds of another red hetrophyllus.

So those reds are probobly orininally from Indian stock, the home land of Jackfruit. Lots of people tend to name things to increase the fictional value in order to increase profit margins.

Lol crying from this comment, that is literally what Xain's Red is; although to follow that up, he's a very reputable grower, atleast in the Southeast FL fruit community (Xain's World). Someone recently mentioned he's not active on the forum anymore?

I think Leaph told me that variety came from a red jackfruit (producing) of Xain's that he found very favorable, something like that. Much better than slapping a name on some random seeds.

kapps

• Florida, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 09:18:10 PM »
Any new info on these varieties?  On one of Paul’s videos, Xain said he likes crunchy jackfruit so I assume the Xain is a crunchy type. Is he selling these at Xain’s World?

KonaFruitFarm

• USA, Hawaii, Kailua Kona, 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 05:20:55 AM »
Hi guys i also ordered a "Xain" jackfruit from Lara farms, and i messaged Xain on Facebook to ask him more about the variety. 
He says its a crunchy, low latex, reddish fleshed jack.  He attached a few pictures that i hadn't seen and the fruit looks great.  At any rate i planted mine today and it's only 1' tall, so it'll be awhile till anyone has a report other than Xain.   

MANGOJOY

• CORAL SPRINGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 05:44:51 AM »
I found that Lara farms also selling some newer varieties never heard before:

PEPE VIDEO JAKFRUIT (RED-ORANGE),
VIETNAMESE ,
WILSON RED

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk