Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

Seeking Star Anise Plant: Illicium Verum

(1/2) > >>

roblack:
Hello All, hope everyone is having a nice Sunday, Can anyone help me out with a plant, cuttings, or viable seeds of edible star anise?

Thank you!

roblack:
..any ideas on where I can find this plant? The few sites that have it listed are all sold out.

Epicatt2:
Roblack,

I also tried to find plants or seedlings of Illicium verum and searched everywhere online w/o success. (The only places that were offering plants were in the UK and in India, too far to gamble on shipping from.)

There are plenty places offering seeds of this species though and they, many of them, mention that this is a fast-growing species which enjoys the dappled shade of an understory situation.

Since it is a fast-grower, as many sites mentioned, then maybe we should just settle for planting some seeds and growing it from scratch.

If I find any plants available though I'll let you know....

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

blackb0x:
If growing from seed be aware that the seeds germinate best if they're fresh. I've tried a lot of the common vendors and unfortunately have received lots of misidentified seeds and haven't had any luck with germination.

roblack:

--- Quote from: Epicatt2 on December 06, 2023, 12:25:04 AM ---Roblack,

I also tried to find plants or seedlings of Illicium verum and searched everywhere online w/o success. (The only places that were offering plants were in the UK and in India, too far to gamble on shipping from.)

There are plenty places offering seeds of this species though and they, many of them, mention that this is a fast-growing species which enjoys the dappled shade of an understory situation.

Since it is a fast-grower, as many sites mentioned, then maybe we should just settle for planting some seeds and growing it from scratch.

If I find any plants available though I'll let you know....

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

--- End quote ---

Thanks Paul, will be in touch with you if I come across any, as well. Ordered some pods, will try seeds, but not expecting much. Fun to hunt plants, but this one is tougher to find than anticipated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version