Author Topic: Fruit ID Requested  (Read 1625 times)

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
Fruit ID Requested
« on: October 16, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
A couple of days ago while hiking with a group, I've noticed a tree that I don't recognize, loaded with small, round, yellow/whitish fruit in small bunches.
Does anyone knows what this could be, and if it is edible?
I've opened a fruit and it just pops between the fingers to reveal a mucilaginous white pulp which is somehow sticky.

Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit ID Requested
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
CORDIA ABYSSINICA

A couple of days ago while hiking with a group, I've noticed a tree that I don't recognize, loaded with small, round, yellow/whitish fruit in small bunches.
I've opened a fruit and it just pops between the fingers to reveal a mucilaginous white pulp which is somehow sticky.

Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

Grapebush

• Portugal, Madeira Island, Funchal, 11
    • View Profile
Re: Fruit ID Requested
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 08:12:17 PM »
CORDIA ABYSSINICA

Thank you Alexandre!
Do you know if the fruit is edible? The little search that I've made only mentions it's use as shade tree for other crops, and for wood...
Life is all about learning, but sometimes, the more you learn, the less you seem to know...