Author Topic: Selling Turpentine mango seedlings for rootstock  (Read 362 times)

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
Selling Turpentine mango seedlings for rootstock
« on: June 02, 2023, 11:50:52 AM »
Hi friends,
i have over 30 turpentine mango seedlings for those wanting to graft mangoes.

Some have girth much thicker than pencil thickness size and some a little thinner but growing fast with heat and rain now. The thick ones are $20 and thin ones $15. There are many that i have made into double rootstock and some triple rootstock. Also there are 5 trees that are from a dwarfing rootstock, trees that i found naturally dwarfed in CR. Their fruits were small and round, smaller than our turpentine and sweet, spicy but fibrous.

Discount if you buy in bulk - $150 for 10 trees.   

Can do both local pickup and shipping. But i won't have time to ship right away since i am traveling back and forth but you can always come pickup if we can arrange date/time.
I also have many grafted 1g mangos  on turpentine, there are of the varieties i like. Will sell them next time once seedlings are gone.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 11:43:27 PM by Satya »

viDda

• South Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Turpentine mango seedlings for rootstock
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 06:54:38 PM »
What is the CR dwarfing rootstock?
Pretty new to fruit growing but I am full steam ahead and getting much better.

Satya

• North Miami Beach, FL , Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • Growing rare tropicals and fruit trees.
Re: Selling Turpentine mango seedlings for rootstock
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 09:38:11 PM »
What is the CR dwarfing rootstock?

When i visited our farm in CR i saw mango trees that were 12-15 ft tall, they seem to never have been pruned or cut back. And the trunk was very thick, trees with that thick trunk easily gets 30-40ft tall here. They had a very nice rounded canopy. The fruits were small, juicy and spicy, reminded of our turpentine but the canopy shape completely different. I will be using them for my rootstock. So i am not sure whether they will bring the dwarfing effect on our FL varieties but certainly something to try out and see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk