Author Topic: SALE EXTENDED!! New Eugenia seeds Available!  (Read 2501 times)

BellamyTrees

• Kentucky, 6B
    • View Profile
    • Bellamy Trees LLC
SALE EXTENDED!! New Eugenia seeds Available!
« on: September 09, 2022, 09:30:25 PM »
We got in several new species of eugenia seeds and wanted to expand the sale and giveaway until next friday!

THIS SALE STARTS 9/2/2022 AND WILL LAST FOR 7 DAYS, ENDING 9/9/2022 AT 5PM CST!!!! 14 DAYS ENDING 9/16/2022 AT 5PM CST!!!!

Hey everyone! To kick off labor day weekend we have put a bunch of species on sale.  On top of that, you will get an additional 25% automatically taken off your total at checkout, across the ENTIRE website!!

We also just dropped SEVERAL new species on the website, so be sure and head over to check those out!

GIVE AWAY!!!!! We have never done this before, but thought it would be really fun to try it out! For every $10 you spend on the website during this sale, you will be entered in for a chance to win a germinated seed of the ultra rare Plinia Callosa! If you spend $20, your name will be entered in twice, if you spend $50 your name will be entered in 5 times, etc etc. Only one seed per customer, just so we can be as fair as possible to everyone! These seeds were being sold from Brazil for $100 per seed. I literally paid $500 for these things. I will add in photos and a description of the tree and her fruit! This will be shipped to you FREE if you get drawn. We have 5 seeds total we will be giving away! 4 of them will be given out to customers of the website, and 1 of them will be going to one of our instagram followers! So be sure and follow us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/bellamytrees/

Also enjoy FREE shipping on ALL orders above $25 during this sale! Free shipping usually does not kick in until you reach the $50 mark!

We will draw for the seed winners at the end of the sale, next saturday or sunday. We will be live streaming that, probably on facebook or in the band group. When you make a purchase from our site, please make sure to put in a good email address. This is how we will reach out to you to let you know if you won a callosa seed. When you put your email address in at checkout, this does not subscribe you to any news letter, however there will be an option for that if you so choose.

Plinia Callosa info -

This is a tree similar to plinia rara. It creates a very large fruit, and flowers from caulifloras like fibers. The fruits are green, with a white flesh. The fruit has said to be similar to the taste of a green apple. The seeds are very large, around the size of a golf ball. The seed to flesh ratio is roughly 20% flesh, and 80% seed.

All seeds being given away are germinated and ready to go. If you do not want to make a purchase on our website you can still get a chance to win one of these seeds by simply following our instagram account that is linked above. ALL orders on the website will be shipped out Tuesday, if you have an open order and wish to purcahse some of these new species we will combine the orders and refund you for any additional shipping charges.

Thank you all so much, and please reach out to us here, on social media, or submit a ticket on our website if you have any questions, concerns, or comments: https://www.bellamytrees.com/support

https://www.bellamytrees.com/

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: SALE EXTENDED!! New Eugenia seeds Available!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 11:27:12 PM »
I remember when eugenia langsdorffii once came in the seed sold for $350 on ebay
Now it's $6
How the times have changed!
Glad I didn't put in my order yet!
Once again, shoutout to a great seller!

BellamyTrees

• Kentucky, 6B
    • View Profile
    • Bellamy Trees LLC
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 08:26:22 AM »
Yea man for real. For species that have been around for a couple of years I am trying to get them for as cheap as possible for everyone who didnt get the chance to buy any back then!

Aiptasia904

• Orange Park
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 09:57:26 AM »
PM'd.

Surfmatt

• FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 10:17:55 AM »
More great deals! Put in my 2nd order!

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 10:24:23 AM »
Same seller as the $350 seed.

I remember when eugenia langsdorffii once came in the seed sold for $350 on ebay
Now it's $6

BellamyTrees

• Kentucky, 6B
    • View Profile
    • Bellamy Trees LLC
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 12:12:08 PM »
Yes bush2beach that was me, I listed them on eBay for a penny back then. At the time it was the first time it was introduced and there wasn’t a lot available in the USA. I’m glad we are able to bring more in for reasonable prices

Itay Gazit

• san jose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 12:58:05 PM »
Jonah, seeing these low seed prices from a reliable seller is probably a good sign that inflation is over.
Buying reliably fresh rare seeds sourced from Brazil for cheap is all that we have been waiting for. Thank you BellamyTrees!

Now it's $6

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 03:37:03 PM »

Now it's $6
Yes I believe it was Bellamy

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 07:05:49 PM »
Jonah, seeing these low seed prices from a reliable seller is probably a good sign that inflation is over.
Buying reliably fresh rare seeds sourced from Brazil for cheap is all that we have been waiting for. Thank you BellamyTrees!

Now it's $6

I think it's moreso that the seed buyers that are willing to spend the money on a hype seeds got theres and the more general market is only capable/interested in paying a more "reasonable" price.  It was an artificially inflated market IMO. i sold a seedling for 500$. It's all about hype, honestly.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

BellamyTrees

• Kentucky, 6B
    • View Profile
    • Bellamy Trees LLC
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2022, 08:25:28 PM »
Exactly dude. I would never list a seedling or seed for $350. I’ve only always listed for a penny - $15 and let the market decide everything. When I can give species out to the community for cheap, I do it!

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2022, 09:33:24 PM »
Exactly dude. I would never list a seedling or seed for $350. I’ve only always listed for a penny - $15 and let the market decide everything. When I can give species out to the community for cheap, I do it!

Yeah much respect, you've been doing a good job of making a lot of different species available at a fair price. Thanks Kameron!
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »
Holy moly, I got the most beautiful looking Cas guava tree and some nice ultra rare seeds.

Killin it- fast shipping, rad inventory, perfect packaging.  I gotta stop looking at your site.  Awesome deal here too.  Thanks for putting this stuff out there. 

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2022, 11:53:07 AM »
Yeah it's all good. I don't feel a way, just pointing facts.
Glad you made your money when the gettin's good and even gladder your still in the game and pumping more rare species out for regular Joe prices . No pun intended on the rare fruit seed auctioneer's #1 client.
99% of all these species were just in a book for us 5 years ago , so this is a lot more fun having access and playing with finding out what they like.
putting some respect on the name of the great state of KiiinTuucky!!

Yes bush2beach that was me, I listed them on eBay for a penny back then. At the time it was the first time it was introduced and there wasn’t a lot available in the USA. I’m glad we are able to bring more in for reasonable prices

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 12:00:25 PM »
Yes Itay, until something really good and rare comes along again, and the seed whales are hungry for it.
What would you pay for a fresh Wani seed or even scion? That one isn't around or fruiting anywhere accessible yet .
I'd bet that's a $100 + fresh seed.
supply and demand will buck up again if the species is good 'n rare enough.
As far as the Myrtacea inflation, I agree. it's over.

Now it's $6

socalbalcony2

• OC, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »

Now it's $6

I think it's moreso that the seed buyers that are willing to spend the money on a hype seeds got theres and the more general market is only capable/interested in paying a more "reasonable" price.  It was an artificially inflated market IMO. i sold a seedling for 500$. It's all about hype, honestly.

Absolutely artificial, I think concluding that inflation is over in a context outside of rare seeds etc is naive, plenty is to come.

Jaboticaba45

• Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2022, 02:37:13 PM »
Let's face it. People like rare things. People pay more for rare things. Doesn't apply just to plants. Think everywhere.
You bring a rare seed into the US with high demand. Of course it will sell for a lot.
Just once it becomes commonly available the price goes down. Simple.

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2022, 10:24:32 PM »
Let's face it. People like rare things. People pay more for rare things. Doesn't apply just to plants. Think everywhere.
You bring a rare seed into the US with high demand. Of course it will sell for a lot.
Just once it becomes commonly available the price goes down. Simple.

Exactly it comes down to supply and demand. For several years no seeds were banned to export out of Brazil then they started trickling out in 2020 so many people spent their stimulus $ on rare seeds not knowing if the spigot will be shut off again. Now we have increased supply and lower demand because people don’t have as much extra hobby $ due to inflation. I still advise if there is a particular species that is available that you really want you should get it now, who know when the flow of seeds from Brazil can come to a full stop just like in the past.

BellamyTrees

• Kentucky, 6B
    • View Profile
    • Bellamy Trees LLC
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2022, 11:01:14 PM »
Exaclty! I just want anyone who was not around back in 2020 to know I have never, and would never list a specie at $350. I will say though even for the sellers back then some species were over $100 per seed. It was crazy. I am glad everything is more reasonable for everyone across the board. And like gecko said, who knows how long it will last. Brazil could lock down tomorrow. Thats not good for anyone in this hobby!

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2022, 09:57:42 AM »
I think selling a species $350+ is equivalent to listing species for $350.  It is still taking advantage of the situation and prices even if it's customer's driving them up. (I've done it too).
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2022, 12:28:58 PM »
2020 is not that long ago.
Before Sellami made it an auction format and few people bidding against each other , it wasn't a thing.
No seeds were selling for more than $100 , or even $50.
It was expensive and not likely your packages would arrive from Brazil for as long as I can remember.
Simcock or anyone else traveling sourcing super rarities was not charging an arm and a leg.
Sellami saw the eBay thing and had an idea and capitalized, maybe a little much for the locals liking.

I'd rather myself or anyone else pay $500 to grow a rare fruit than a variegated houseplant or a beanie baby or signed memorabilia or whatever "stuff".

Exaclty! I just want anyone who was not around back in 2020 to know I have never, and would never list a specie at $350. I will say though even for the sellers back then some species were over $100 per seed. It was crazy. I am glad everything is more reasonable for everyone across the board. And like gecko said, who knows how long it will last. Brazil could lock down tomorrow. Thats not good for anyone in this hobby!

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2022, 11:20:51 PM »
Have to give credit to Sellami if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t know that we can even get seeds out of Brazil and from what I’ve heard he gives back to the Brazilian people to help conservation efforts there. The high demand made it possible for others to take the risk to ship seeds out of Brazil during a time where the mail system there and here was moving at a snails pace due to COVID. I know I lost $400 in seeds and shipping phytosanitary charge during that time, luckily I’m not a business just growing as a hobby. Now we have 5 other sellers of Brazilian seeds in the US and Germany that I know of and a good supply. We wouldn’t have all these choices and variety if it wasn’t for people profiting. As to eBay, sometimes they end well below the average market value too. Many times if an auction went higher than I thought it would go I would send something extra but nobody is forcing folks to bid way high.

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2022, 05:13:32 AM »
Yes Itay, until something really good and rare comes along again, and the seed whales are hungry for it.
What would you pay for a fresh Wani seed or even scion? That one isn't around or fruiting anywhere accessible yet .
I'd bet that's a $100 + fresh seed.
supply and demand will buck up again if the species is good 'n rare enough.
As far as the Myrtacea inflation, I agree. it's over.

Now it's $6

I thought about the Wani contingency.  Ha ha ha.

fishygood

• California, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2022, 11:01:56 PM »
I want to say that BellamyTrees really care about their customer.  To make a long story short, I order a few plants from them during the sale event.  The package was send out via USPS but somehow got lost in transit.   The package went missing from the 16 DAYS.  BellamyTrees was made aware and quickly send off a replacement package.   They were very understanding.  Not only did i got some awesome plants, I also got some freebies along with it. 
Thanks again BellamyTrees and I will definitely order from you again in the future. 

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2022, 05:25:27 PM »
I must agree, he is an exceptional provider of seeds