Author Topic: Has there ever been a forum meet and greet?  (Read 1395 times)

Tang Tonic

• US Virgin Islands
    • View Profile
Has there ever been a forum meet and greet?
« on: July 19, 2017, 01:15:07 PM »
After learning about this forum, I have done lots of reading on here.  After doing keyword searches, I recently started on the last page of this forum and am slowly working my way to the beginning.  Not reading every thread, only the ones that pique my interest. 

There is so much great information in this forum and so many great members!

Has there ever been a forum meet and greet?  Would there be any interest?  Something like a seed and scion exchange and an opportunity for forum members a chance to meet and arrange trips to come visit each other's fruit paradise. 

I know there are a lot of FL members on here and you all probably know each other already.  I am originally from Lake Worth but have been in the Virgin Islands for over a decade (with a brief respite when I spent a wonderful year in Kauai).  But I would definitely make a trip somewhere for something like this!

Just throwing it out there to see if there's much interest.

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Has there ever been a forum meet and greet?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:31:29 PM »
I have a feeling that some might get a punch in the nose at a meet and greet :-)
Regards,

Gary

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »
Has there ever been a forum meet and greet?  Would there be any interest?  Something like a seed and scion exchange and an opportunity for forum members a chance to meet and arrange trips to come visit each other's fruit paradise. 
here in Florida, many counties/towns/areas have rare fruit clubs with monthly meeting and special events. Facebook groups help communication. You could probably start such a group on the island. It's a small place.

TheDom

• Fort Myers, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 09:58:58 AM »
I have a feeling that some might get a punch in the nose at a meet and greet :-)

That's why we rent some of those sumo wrestling suits ahead of time. Maybe get one extra that Rob can just wear the whole time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWnlhux-wZk
Dom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk