Author Topic: Can you pick these fruit trees?  (Read 1103 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Can you pick these fruit trees?
« on: October 02, 2020, 10:23:00 PM »
Well chums I went around this morning and looked on sidewalks and in a public park and saw some fruit trees which may challenge a few with identification. There are some easy ones also. I will let you in a few surprise finds in another thread, I reckon no one on the planet except maybe Oscar could get all these correct.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Can you pick these fruit trees?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:55 PM »

Maybe one extra difficult one and Its a Garcinia.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »
The names actually appear on the pictures as Nate pointed out, so that is too easy and just have a look anyway then.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 07:37:24 AM »

I will add that the golden soursop is a handsome tree and the fruit are of very good quality. The look like giant canaries sitting in the tree and I don't have a good pic of a properly formed large fruit. Below is a large tree with a branch in front showing the bright foliage. This is a water stressed tree with some leaves yellowing and dropping.

guaycuyacu

• ecuador
    • View Profile
    • guaycuyacu seeds
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 04:23:19 PM »
that Herrania looks like H. umbratica.  of the spp. i have, it is the only one with urticating hairs on the fruits.  and the one with the least showy flowers.  pulp and non-bitter seeds are edible, as with all H’s i know of.

Well chums I went around this morning and looked on sidewalks and in a public park and saw some fruit trees which may challenge a few with identification. There are some easy ones also. I will let you in a few surprise finds in another thread, I reckon no one on the planet except maybe Oscar could get all these correct.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 10:50:34 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Jim and in my ignorance I was going to call it Herrania pulcherrima. There is a high probability then it is one of your children from seeds shared by Alan Carle.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 04:35:13 PM »
MM the Diploglottis tamarinds are not related to regular tamarinds but fruit have a similar tang. Most have larger fruit with bright red flesh and Bernie's has small yellow fruit with yellow flesh but still with a rubbery/jello quality about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk