Author Topic: PuertoRicoFoodForest Fresh Fruits  (Read 6311 times)

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• puertoricofoodforest.com
    • Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
PuertoRicoFoodForest Fresh Fruits
« on: January 31, 2021, 10:22:57 AM »
https://puertoricofoodforest.com

Thread and Website updated daily, will add more details photos and descriptions soon as well.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:58:41 PM by PuertoRicoFoodForest »
puertoricofoodforest.com

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
Re: PuertoRicoFoodForest Fresh Fruits
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:28:01 AM »
lots flowering and fruiting that will be offered soon
puertoricofoodforest.com

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:26:34 PM »
What to expect 100% over the next couple months:
theobroma sp.
herrania sp.
artocarpus sp(jackfruit for sure)
Mango(maybe other species)
Citrus
White Sapote
Garcinia sp.
Monstera Deliciosa
and much much more.

May add pre order options for some. Elephant apple is extremely abundant.
puertoricofoodforest.com

JZuckerm

• Indiana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 10:50:11 AM »
Hello!

I ordered some Herrania Sp fruit about a week ago. Are the trees fruiting now? I wanted to make sure that my order wasn't forgotten about because I haven't gotten the shipping confirmation yet. Thank you so much for offering these cool fruits. How long does it usually take to ship out the fruit, I do plan on getting some theobroma too when they come out on the store?

Thanks,
-Jake

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 12:46:32 PM »
Hello!

I ordered some Herrania Sp fruit about a week ago. Are the trees fruiting now? I wanted to make sure that my order wasn't forgotten about because I haven't gotten the shipping confirmation yet. Thank you so much for offering these cool fruits. How long does it usually take to ship out the fruit, I do plan on getting some theobroma too when they come out on the store?

Thanks,
-Jake
hey replying to your email right now! have lots of fruits ripening now.
puertoricofoodforest.com

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »
Hello!

Thanks,
-Jake
In general when I list fruits I will only list fruits that there are fruits I can harvest currently and ship immediately(elephant apple) or something like the herrania where theres a bunch of unripe fruits that will mature in about a week or two then I list those too.
puertoricofoodforest.com

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 02:41:02 PM »
For how much do you list them?

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
puertoricofoodforest.com

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 10:22:01 AM »
lots of fruits available for preorder shipping in the next 1-2 months.
puertoricofoodforest.com

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 08:37:32 AM »
Will be completely upgrading/overhauling the site by the end of the week, and adding a lot more stuff. A lot is available to ship this month. Will update with more info soon
puertoricofoodforest.com

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 10:54:42 AM »
Crazy prices. $135 for a Cempedak, $150 for a marang. A pedalai is not worth $75. I ate these fruits for a dollar or less in Borneo and the Philippines.

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 11:36:34 AM »
Crazy prices. $135 for a Cempedak, $150 for a marang. A pedalai is not worth $75. I ate these fruits for a dollar or less in Borneo and the Philippines.

Had multiple people purchase 20+ marang and Pedalai so far. It includes express shipping. That’s half or more of the price. I would sell for much cheaper if I could.
puertoricofoodforest.com

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »

One could also stay in a 5 star hotel for $45, or eat a huge meal out for $5 in those countries compared to $300 or $100 here in the USA, but you don't go around claiming that now do you? Not comparable.

PuertoRicoFoodForest

• Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 12:06:09 PM »

One could also stay in a 5 star hotel for $45, or eat a huge meal out for $5 in those countries compared to $300 or $100 here in the USA, but you don't go around claiming that now do you? Not comparable.

I understand his complaint, it’s valid, anything more than a few dollars for a fruit seemed crazy to me before.

But if I was selling these fruits for what people wanted and made no money to support myself, no one would help me off the streets either.

I would recommend anyone to go to these areas or grow these fruits out instead of buying them from me unless you’re looking to try a fruit straight to your door you normally wouldn’t get
puertoricofoodforest.com

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 12:18:17 PM »

I understand his complaint, it’s valid, anything more than a few dollars for a fruit seemed crazy to me before.

But if I was selling these fruits for what people wanted and made no money to support myself, no one would help me off the streets either.

I would recommend anyone to go to these areas or grow these fruits out instead of buying them from me unless you’re looking to try a fruit straight to your door you normally wouldn’t get

Had multiple people purchase 20+ marang and Pedalai so far. It includes express shipping. That’s half or more of the price. I would sell for much cheaper if I could.

Great selection, thanks for offering these! Price is more than fair, you cannot simply walk to the store or market in the US and get these fruits.

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 01:56:45 PM »
I’m not knocking how you make a living ,I would just rather travel to one of those places I mentioned and eat them till I’ve had my fill. Plus marang and pedalai don’t seem like they would ship well, their shelf life is about a day once it’s ripe, on day 2 it’s over ripe already.

And actually yes I do make those comparisons on cost of living , as you just did yourself.  You just compared the 2 and then said they aren’t comparable lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:58:34 PM by ben mango »

dsweet43

• Port Richey, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 02:13:48 PM »
Just ordered some of these great looking fruits, look forward to it!

Thanks very much

driftwood

• my name is driftwood, nice to meet you
    • Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »
some of us *can't* travel to indonesia or puerto rico right now and seems fair to try some of these rarities. and considering theyre not really native to PR, these probably took a lot of time to grow and make fruit. looking forward to getting my order im placing :). I think a flight to borneo would cost more than my order anyways

Brian laufer

• USA. California. Oceanside. Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 05:31:29 PM »
If you don't want it don't buy it! Plain and simple. Don't complain about price you don't understand. You cannot get this fruit otherwise. This is a premium service. And the demand is also very high. In that regard his prices are reasonable. I support this special business model. It brings you an incredible experience from the jungle right to your door. Many people are more than happy to pay for that.

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 05:57:56 PM »
If you don't want it don't buy it! Plain and simple. Don't complain about price you don't understand. You cannot get this fruit otherwise. This is a premium service. And the demand is also very high. In that regard his prices are reasonable. I support this special business model. It brings you an incredible experience from the jungle right to your door. Many people are more than happy to pay for that.

I agree. People are free to charge what they want for fruits or plants, and other people are free to purchase or not purchase those items depending on whether they believe those items are worth the price. If I see something that I believe is too expensive here on the Forum, I do not complain, I just move on and ignore it.

Regarding PuertoRicoFoodForest's fruits, those are actually some reasonable prices for the fruit being offered. Compare his prices to Miami Fruit's prices (one of the few vendors I definitely will criticize for price gouging with inferior fruits). PRFF is offering much rarer species for a much lower price. Just look at the Duguetia lanceolata, for instance. If you bought one fruit for $25.00 (plus whatever shipping cost), you could probably make your money back selling the seeds after you ate the fruit. And where else are you going to be able to buy one anyway? PRFF's fruits are definitely niche products for people with plenty of disposable income, but that does not mean they are bad products or overpriced for what they are.

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2021, 05:59:29 PM »
I simply gave my opinion, I did not complain. I could buy the fruit if I wanted but I wouldn’t, as I’ve had my fill in their native regions. There are others who sell the same fruits , frozen, at a more reasonable price. Some of you people are insane

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2021, 06:04:47 PM »
I simply gave my opinion, I did not complain. I could buy the fruit if I wanted but I wouldn’t, as I’ve had my fill in their native regions. There are others who sell the same fruits , frozen, at a more reasonable price. Some of you people are insane

I don't know about you, but no one wants to eat mush. Fresh is the best! Most of the fruit offered on the website are rare and hard to find, you can't get them at a regular store. Even if you could, the taste and texture is altered by freezing.

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2021, 06:07:27 PM »
Ya but you could also be buying a $75-100+ fruit that a) is overripe or b) never ripens properly. It’s happened with me when buying mangoes online this year. The shipper cannot time it perfectly all the time

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2021, 09:24:38 PM »

Even frozen these fruits are hard to source and expensive, not to mention most of us want to be able to utilize the seeds of the fruit as well, and besides who would want to eat these fruits after being freezer burned and thawed to mush? You cannot be that big of a fruit nut if you think there isn't a night and day difference... Now overripe and fermented I can see your gripe about.

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2021, 10:19:44 PM »

That's your solution, to take a $1500 flight?