Author Topic: Super rare Annona Deceptrix seeds. Found in south of Colombia.  (Read 1784 times)

cacn1987

• Colombian seed/plant seller in the US
    • New York City, NY
    • View Profile
Super rare Annona Deceptrix seeds. Found in south of Colombia.
« on: February 05, 2021, 01:34:32 AM »
A friend of mine found the rare annona deceptrix in a department (state) in the south of Colombia. Grows at 1600 meters above sea level. He describes the taste as being like soursop with sweet and acid notes, super juicy. He wants to sell his seeds and I will be helping him out here in the US to find costumers and get the payment via paypal or Zelle. He will be shipping the seeds directly from Colombia. Prices are as follows: 1-20 seeds $10 USD PER SEED, 21 seeds and up $9 PER SEED + Shipping & and handling. The first seeds he put to germinate, germinated in 30 days as you can see the picture with the first roots coming up. If you are really serious on buying seeds, feel free to contact me with the amount of seeds you want, place where you live and method of payment you want to use. My friend is a farmer and has kids to raise, so let's help him out and be the first to have seeds of this rarity in your hands and grow it out of its native ecosystem.

Pandan

• Southeast USA
    • View Profile
Re: Super rare Annona Deceptrix seeds. Found in south of Colombia.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 07:13:05 PM »
Wow they really look like their distant cousins the pawpaws! How long do you think for maturity?

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 01:18:07 AM »
We don't have much information about the fruit. It was recently found in a small municipality by my friend. Luckily the seeds germinate in about 30 days.

JoeP450

• Mahaha Chinook
    • Palm City FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 04:22:30 PM »
Hey,

Seems pretty awesome, but I’m not sure about purchasing from Colombia, just a thought but I’d rather purchase them from you here in states than risk shipping from Colombia, could that be arranged?

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 12:06:56 AM »
I doubt it since the seeds are over there right now and I will be leaving to Colombia in a few weeks and will stay there for a few months.   JW has been shipping out seeds from Colombia (not Ecuador) and they have arrived well, according to what he told me.

Reedo

• Santa Cruz, CA - zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 11:00:01 PM »
A friend of mine found the rare annona deceptrix in a department (state) in the south of Colombia. Grows at 1600 meters above sea level. He describes the taste as being like soursop with sweet and acid notes, super juicy. He wants to sell his seeds and I will be helping him out here in the US to find costumers and get the payment via paypal or Zelle. He will be shipping the seeds directly from Colombia. Prices are as follows: 1-20 seeds $10 USD PER SEED, 21 seeds and up $9 PER SEED + Shipping & and handling. The first seeds he put to germinate, germinated in 30 days as you can see the picture with the first roots coming up. If you are really serious on buying seeds, feel free to contact me with the amount of seeds you want, place where you live and method of payment you want to use. My friend is a farmer and has kids to raise, so let's help him out and be the first to have seeds of this rarity in your hands and grow it out of its native ecosystem.

Any idea if these seeds will be available again? I'd love to track some down. Thanks!

cacn1987

• New York City, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 02:33:40 AM »
They will for sure in the near future. Probably Brian Laufer will be the first one to fruit it in the US and have seeds available. I will try to bring some if i get fruit again.