Author Topic: Luc's Garcinia and Green Sapote update  (Read 3028 times)

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
Luc's Garcinia and Green Sapote update
« on: May 05, 2021, 08:35:35 PM »
Hi, for all who haven sent me messages sorry for delay answer after going three weeks ago to the jungle ready to pick loads of fruit I was shock when I didn't see a single one, then I went to another spot with good productive trees and there was nothing also, after three hours of back and forth all I found was a runt on the ground, don't know what could cause this problem maybe the January windy storm dropped off the flowers or climate change never happened this before in the 10 years I haven't been harvesting the fruits, after that day I started to feel sick maybe because if that original because I was recently coming back to the Gym and overtrained myself, however I felt very exhausted super tired and with a strong apathy for anything even for open social media and answering messages, now I'm feeling a bit better ill try to answer one by one the larger amount of messages I have,
About the Green sapote orange flesh is all I have, White is just an illusion now can't find it anymore as the seller told to my friend in Guatemala is like winning the lottery who knows when can be spot again, about the Luc's I haven't a friend who knows another area with trees 2 hours from the regular one, he was going to check if there's fruit there but he fell from a tree in his house some now he is getting better here said to go this coming weekend, I'll keep you posted 😃
El verde es vida!

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Luc's Garcinia and Green Sapote update
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:22:24 PM »
Thanks for the update, wishing you and your friend a speedy recovery brother!

Pedroboy

• USA,CA,Pacifica,9b-10A Sunset 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 10:59:37 PM »
Hi, for all who haven sent me messages sorry for delay answer after going three weeks ago to the jungle ready to pick loads of fruit I was shock when I didn't see a single one, then I went to another spot with good productive trees and there was nothing also, after three hours of back and forth all I found was a runt on the ground, don't know what could cause this problem maybe the January windy storm dropped off the flowers or climate change never happened this before in the 10 years I haven't been harvesting the fruits, after that day I started to feel sick maybe because if that original because I was recently coming back to the Gym and overtrained myself, however I felt very exhausted super tired and with a strong apathy for anything even for open social media and answering messages, now I'm feeling a bit better ill try to answer one by one the larger amount of messages I have,
About the Green sapote orange flesh is all I have, White is just an illusion now can't find it anymore as the seller told to my friend in Guatemala is like winning the lottery who knows when can be spot again, about the Luc's I haven't a friend who knows another area with trees 2 hours from the regular one, he was going to check if there's fruit there but he fell from a tree in his house some now he is getting better here said to go this coming weekend, I'll keep you posted 😃

So sorry for your ordeal, Raul. Thanks for all of your efforts and good faith. Rest easy and best wishes for your recovery.

Cheers,
Chris

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 11:56:01 PM »
I was envisioning you had a farm or something.  It is awesome that you are literally hiking through the jungle to find wild(?) trees growing to harvest. 

All I can find here are raspberries.

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:05:47 AM »
Raul.  Take it easy!

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 04:04:55 AM »
Haven't ordered yet but wish you and your friend a super quick recovery Raul!

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 10:16:07 AM »
I hope you feel 100% soon. Raul is a legend. His ilama hunting trip where he was dodging cartel was pretty crazy as well.
-Josh

BrizzyFizzy

• Australia, QLD, Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Thanks for the update Raul please get better soon!!

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 07:08:38 PM »
Hi Raul, any update?  Will you be able to ship Luc's Garcinia seeds this year?

Thanks,
Bill

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 06:47:25 PM »
So at this point it appears that no Luc's Garcinia seeds will be shipped this year.  How do I get a refund?  I'm not getting any response to my PM's or posts here.  Has anyone else got a refund?

Thanks,
Bill

Pedroboy

• USA,CA,Pacifica,9b-10A Sunset 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 08:56:00 PM »
Hi Bill -
A few weeks ago I sent Raul an email to ask if the Luc's was an impossibility at this point. My understanding from his reply (and input from others) was that we're still in the midst of their season in June, so I decided not to pursue his offer of a refund outright, but opted to hang on thru the end of the month.

Until I saw your request for an update a few days ago, I honestly didn't realize anybody else was still awaiting an answer. In my case the real bad news was that I held off on having Raul ship some white fleshed P. Viridis seeds that I had ordered in the meantime - figuring that one parcel would be preferable to two in quick succession. Turned out the availability of that was short lived too, so my option on that expired in the interim - ugh.

FWIW, Raul was quick to reply to me and left the ball in my court as to refund or credit re: the Luc's. Without checking as I type this, I believe our exchange was via TFF's email link - as opposed to PM's - which have been occasionally spotty for me too over the last several weeks.

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 01:31:48 AM »
OK, thanks for the news. I’m willing to wait also to see if any seeds become available.

Bill

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 06:27:14 PM »
Hi Raul, any updates?

Bill

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »
Hi Raul, sorry to post this here in the public but I have sent you several private messages with no response.  How or when will I get my refund for the Luc's Garcinia seeds I paid for and never received?

Thanks,
Bill

Acetogenin

• USA, Orlando, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 07:54:32 PM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:36:17 PM by Acetogenin »

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2021, 03:19:55 AM »
Hi Raul, sorry to post this here in the public but I have sent you several private messages with no response.  How or when will I get my refund for the Luc's Garcinia seeds I paid for and never received?

Thanks,
Bill

Turns out Raul area got hit by a hurricane with a lot of damage, hopefully he will still be able to get seeds to you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 06:58:34 PM by Gone tropo »

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2021, 09:58:41 AM »
When I got my refund I had to email Raul, he responded within a day to the email and asked me to file a paypal dispute which he then accepted/refunded.  I suggest trying this

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
When I got my refund I had to email Raul, he responded within a day to the email and asked me to file a paypal dispute which he then accepted/refunded.  I suggest trying this

Do you have his email by any chance ?

BestDay

• Long Beach, CA 10B 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 11:54:57 PM »
I got my refund.  Thanks for the help guys.

Bill