Author Topic: Wanted mango seeds  (Read 535 times)

joeventra1

• Australia, NSW, Green valley
    • View Profile
Wanted mango seeds
« on: May 25, 2021, 08:27:13 AM »
Hi all,
So last year I posted requesting some seeds of the top mango varieties available in America to be sent to Australia. Had to put everything on hold due to Covid! But now I'm keen to pursue this further and finally knock the Kensington Pride off it's pedestal in Australia.

I have sourced scions of seed grown lemon zest, orange sherbet and sweet tart here in Aus and should be able to taste the fruit within a year or two!

With mango season underway in America I was wanting to add sugarloaf and kryptonite (aka kathy or k3) as I've read they both should produce poly seeds so chances are I can have a clone of the parent. Is anyone willing to help me out here and of course I'll pay for your troubles and also open to suggestions of other poly varities.

Thanks
Joe

ucf.nikolas

• enjoy life :)
    • Broward, 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted mango seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 10:45:58 AM »
coconut cream is a poly from what I can remember last year.
if you don't have one, I certainly recommend it. i do hear the tree is quite finniky

joeventra1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 07:45:56 PM »
coconut cream is a poly from what I can remember last year.
if you don't have one, I certainly recommend it. i do hear the tree is quite finniky

Forgot to mention I may have a coconut cream but I'm a bit sus on the origin of it now and think it may be from a different 'coconut' mango. If I can confirm it hasn't come from coconut cream I'll add that to my list though I have heard the trees are a bit scraggly in growth and possibly poor producers

joeventra1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 08:15:37 PM »
Also adding in peach cobbler seeds as some people are claiming they are poly?