Author Topic: Excluding Malika and Neelam which Indian mango varieties are recommended  (Read 1108 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
 Would like to add more Indian varieties to my collection. Which ones do you find that are unique.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 09:52:41 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
guava

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
Iman Pasand tasted so good growing in SoCal dry climate. Tree is a slow grower. Alex should have the scions.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Did you ask Alex, or are you hoping he reads this and replies?
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Today Sunday the 29th is the last day Alex checks BudWood. I am considering just ordering the trees depending on what you fellas advise. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:08:38 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Mahmood Vikarabad, Janardhan Pasand, Fernandin, and Pedda Rasam.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Mahmood Vikarabad, Janardhan Pasand, Fernandin, and Pedda Rasam.
Why thank you my friend. I am surprised no one has mentioned Sonpari. I have an acquaintance who is a very fine gentleman who gave me a scion of Sonpari. It fruited the second season and gave me two excellent mangoes.

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile

He listed it on his website.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile

He listed it oan his website.
Yes I have requested these varieties budwood three times without any luck. Except for Giselle

2 Giselle 4 Zinc and check this varieties. Probably will take a couple of each
Pedda rasam
Panchadara kalasa
Banganpalli
Mehmooda vikarabad
I will try again this spring or just order the tree's
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 06:08:27 AM by bovine421 »

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
I believe there is some question regarding the authenticity of Banganapalli.  Regardless, "Banganapalli" is an excellent and highly productive mango.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Excluding Malika and Neelam which Indian mango varieties are recommended
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 08:19:51 AM »
I recently ordered scions of Amrapali (Neelam and Dasheri cross) from Alex. It doesn't sound very productive where he's at, but maybe my climate here a little north of him on the Gulf will suit it better. It's interesting that, of nearly a dozen scions, the Amrapali are the only ones I'm still waiting on to see if they take. Every other scion took(!) and are setting their first flush of leaves.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Excluding Malika and Neelam which Indian mango varieties are recommended
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 08:50:29 AM »
I recently ordered scions of Amrapali (Neelam and Dasheri cross) from Alex. It doesn't sound very productive where he's at, but maybe my climate here a little north of him on the Gulf will suit it better. It's interesting that, of nearly a dozen scions, the Amrapali are the only ones I'm still waiting on to see if they take. Every other scion took(!) and are setting their first flush of leaves.
I have a feeling that the Indians varieties will like our longer dormancy. This season we practically had three months with nights below 60°. One frost scare and no freezes.Hopefully this is a trend
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:07:05 AM by bovine421 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk