Author Topic: SoCal Delivery of 2022 Yangmei Second Order  (Read 1515 times)

Jeramyl SoCal

• USA, CA/So CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
SoCal Delivery of 2022 Yangmei Second Order
« on: February 22, 2022, 04:47:16 PM »
Hello SoCal.  From Bill_bayarea, it sounds like around 250 trees +/- headed southbound.  Let's start this thread to keep discussion clear and easy on just the SoCal delivery coordination.  That way, the original thread stays a little more pure to the Yangmei order?  That is easier for Bill_bayarea to track and answer questions.

So far, K-Rimes and SouthBayHapaJoe stepped up early to help with movement southbound.  I am happy to assist as well.  If K-Rimes has a large truck, that seems like a great option for the firs leg, unless another one presents itself. 

Getting the trees to Santa Barbara is a big step and if K-Rimes' schedule allows that when these arrive, it would be a big help.  From there, SouthBayHapaJoe, myself or FattyFigs have already mentioned being able to make it up to SB.  There are probably others as well.  I have a Chevy Tahoe so I could potentially carry quite a few trees, depending on the dimensions of the containers and would be able to keep them out of the wind and weather.

Tustinfruitnerd

• Tustin
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal Delivery of 2022 Yangmei Second Order
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 05:05:17 PM »
Hi everyone. Out of all the volunteers so far, is anyone able to deliver to OC? It would be awesome if whoever picks up for San Diego is able to drop-off trees for OC along the route? I  am in Tustin and can be a distribution site for OC. I can also do pickup from LA area if needed.

shmojojojo

• Southern California, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 05:26:33 PM »
Hello. I can pickup in LA and distribute some trees to SGV and some parts of OC. I'm available Sat-Tues. Where is the LA pickup?

Jeramyl SoCal

• USA, CA/So CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 06:51:06 PM »
Hello. I can pickup in LA and distribute some trees to SGV and some parts of OC. I'm available Sat-Tues. Where is the LA pickup?

Not to worry OC!  Anyone (like myself) from SD will have to drive right on by.  Consider OC sealed and delivered.  We will coordinate. 

Most important is to get to SB and LA and from there, it gets simple.

bill_bayarea

• Campbell, Santa Clara County, CA 95008, plant zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 09:14:02 PM »
Hello SoCal.  From Bill_bayarea, it sounds like around 250 trees +/- headed southbound.  Let's start this thread to keep discussion clear and easy on just the SoCal delivery coordination.  That way, the original thread stays a little more pure to the Yangmei order?  That is easier for Bill_bayarea to track and answer questions.

So far, K-Rimes and SouthBayHapaJoe stepped up early to help with movement southbound.  I am happy to assist as well.  If K-Rimes has a large truck, that seems like a great option for the firs leg, unless another one presents itself. 

Getting the trees to Santa Barbara is a big step and if K-Rimes' schedule allows that when these arrive, it would be a big help.  From there, SouthBayHapaJoe, myself or FattyFigs have already mentioned being able to make it up to SB.  There are probably others as well.  I have a Chevy Tahoe so I could potentially carry quite a few trees, depending on the dimensions of the containers and would be able to keep them out of the wind and weather.

It will be 8 boxes at size  33"L x 14”W x 14"H .
 One for each of 7 female varieties, and one for male trees.

Svamarlins

• Orange County Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 12:25:51 PM »
I’m in Mission Viejo, we have a van and a truck so depending o. The day we might be able to assist as well.

Fattyfigs

• United States, Southern California, Chula Vista
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 02:04:50 PM »
(Reply) posted to first post

Bill, K-Rimes, ManVFruit,

I'm new to forums. Sorry I couldn't see the replies by phone. I'm on computer now.

If Bill can sort boxes into LA and SoCa. I can probably help as a driver since I'm going straight back. I'm going to pick something up in that area anyway.

I can drive up the night before if I know an expected date. I'm retired so I'm flexible.  I would only want to have the boxes handled by who ever does pick up.  For example if K-Rimes meets me on route to pick up for LA. That way he can do a quick inventory of his group and the drop off is fast. I will not be sorting thru boxes to deliver by special care method. I believe all are in boxes with damp material. My goal would to be drop off quickly and keep moving.
So pick up from Bill, if they are boxed and ready it would be awesome. The boxes would go to K-Rimes along 101? and than continue south to meet ManVFruit on 5 and at that time I will take my trees and head home, will will inventory and people can pick up from him.
I know a couple people from the group and I'm part of the fig community normally so I know people get excited about their trees and want them asap and safe. I can be in contact with K-rimes & ManvFruit about my location and stops. I will give Bill, K-rimes and ManvFruit my phone number.  I can't have a 100 people texting me while I'm driving. ManvFruit knows me & where I live so if some reason he couldn't pick up..I can give my address to others but I'm going to be tired from driving and prefer him to take the SoCal boxes.  I want everything to stay in boxes so there is no chance of mix ups. If only a few people have access to the boxes it is easier.
If possible may I also ask for a delivery/drive fee. My husband already thinks I'm nuts for getting started in a new hobby. I have a large SUV and it will take a couple tanks of gas to go just one direct. 
I also know that sometimes inspections can take time if not delivered on time. I want others to understand this. I would plan to update others thru there pickup source if they want me to drive.  Let me know if this sounds reasonable.
thanks Amy, Chula Vista

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2022, 03:15:19 PM »
FYI, for the first order of the yangmei, here's what Bill ended up with for the different areas in CA that it needed to go.

1) LAX area- Joe, main place to pickup for anyone living in LA or Orange County or nearby area.

2) Acadia Area- picked up from Joe, distributed by person XX.

3) Irvine Area (picked up from Joe by XX first, then have a pickup house for those folks in/near Irvine.)

4) San Diego Area (person from SD picked up all 30 trees from Joseph- LAX, then distributes to SD folks)   

So, it may be easiest to have just a few pickup location (just my suggestions).

-> One drop off location for LA/Orange County folks.
-> One drop off/handoff for San Diego folks (ManVFruits)

Anyone who is close to either of these two locations should drive themselves and coordinate pickup from these two people (in drop off location).

And yes I agree with the statement:
  "Most important is to get to SB and LA and from there, it gets simple."

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »
Hi Amy

Thank you for volunteering to pick up.  As for drop off,  I would suggest after picking up from Bill in SF, you should only make 1 stop to drop off for LA, OC, or SB.   I suggest dropping off Joe's place if he is willing then drive back to San Diego.  It's very taxing for you to do multiple drop off.  As for compensation,  I'm open to any fee you suggest.

(Reply) posted to first post

Bill, K-Rimes, ManVFruit,

I'm new to forums. Sorry I couldn't see the replies by phone. I'm on computer now.

If Bill can sort boxes into LA and SoCa. I can probably help as a driver since I'm going straight back. I'm going to pick something up in that area anyway.

I can drive up the night before if I know an expected date. I'm retired so I'm flexible.  I would only want to have the boxes handled by who ever does pick up.  For example if K-Rimes meets me on route to pick up for LA. That way he can do a quick inventory of his group and the drop off is fast. I will not be sorting thru boxes to deliver by special care method. I believe all are in boxes with damp material. My goal would to be drop off quickly and keep moving.
So pick up from Bill, if they are boxed and ready it would be awesome. The boxes would go to K-Rimes along 101? and than continue south to meet ManVFruit on 5 and at that time I will take my trees and head home, will will inventory and people can pick up from him.
I know a couple people from the group and I'm part of the fig community normally so I know people get excited about their trees and want them asap and safe. I can be in contact with K-rimes & ManvFruit about my location and stops. I will give Bill, K-rimes and ManvFruit my phone number.  I can't have a 100 people texting me while I'm driving. ManvFruit knows me & where I live so if some reason he couldn't pick up..I can give my address to others but I'm going to be tired from driving and prefer him to take the SoCal boxes.  I want everything to stay in boxes so there is no chance of mix ups. If only a few people have access to the boxes it is easier.
If possible may I also ask for a delivery/drive fee. My husband already thinks I'm nuts for getting started in a new hobby. I have a large SUV and it will take a couple tanks of gas to go just one direct. 
I also know that sometimes inspections can take time if not delivered on time. I want others to understand this. I would plan to update others thru there pickup source if they want me to drive.  Let me know if this sounds reasonable.
thanks Amy, Chula Vista

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 03:22:28 PM »
Amy, Kevin, Joe.

Yes, it makes sense to have everyone pitch in ($) to pay for "delivery/drive fee". You guys are doing us a favor to get the plants to us as soon as possible.

Might be a good idea now to figure out the dollar amount that will cover your cost & time, so each person can send you guys the additional money for the transportation/delivery service you are providing.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 03:30:25 PM »
Happy with that plan, I can share my location and phone number when it gets closer with the SD folks, some of you picked it up from my place when I got them from LA last time but didn't get a tour of my mini jungle, if time allows you are more than welcome to a quick tour.

I have collected enough rain water to soak all the trees until you get over to collect them! Which I hope you agree is the safest option, then you can be as creative as you wish once you get them..

Happy to pay towards gas costs too, I was thinking once we know the total number of individual orders for SoCal we can divide it between us maybe something like this would work ?

$20-25 for each LA area order
  $25-$30 for each SD order
  Then we can present the total to Amy..

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 03:34:00 PM »
THIS POST SHOULD BE DELETED (and should have never been created in the first place) Not sure why folks who weren’t even part of the first (super smooth) group buy have decided to try and take over logistics when Bill has always had it HANDLED and did an AMAZING job with the logistics last time. Now I have to go back and forth between two different threads, worrying I may miss something from the other. Like the saying goes, “leave well enough alone.”
Nate

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 03:39:57 PM »
Nate, Bill does not handle the logistics or costs of who picks them up from him, in fact he asked Amy to put her plan in the forum here. I agree we should keep it in one thread though, I didn't realize I was responding to another thread.

SHV

• Escondido, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 03:57:47 PM »
Happy with that plan, I can share my location and phone number when it gets closer with the SD folks, some of you picked it up from my place when I got them from LA last time but didn't get a tour of my mini jungle, if time allows you are more than welcome to a quick tour.

I have collected enough rain water to soak all the trees until you get over to collect them! Which I hope you agree is the safest option, then you can be as creative as you wish once you get them..

Happy to pay towards gas costs too, I was thinking once we know the total number of individual orders for SoCal we can divide it between us maybe something like this would work ?

$20-25 for each LA area order
  $25-$30 for each SD order
  Then we can present the total to Amy..

$30 for SD delivery sounds fair to me. Thanks for making the suggested contributions. 

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 04:14:05 PM »
I can be the staging point for Los Angeles orders. I live in El Segundo near the 405/105 exchange. If Amy drives up. I’m still available to drive up if need be. My yang mei in ground in the front yard is starting to go nuts with the warmer weather and 6/8 from last order is pushing growth.

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »
Nate, Bill does not handle the logistics or costs of who picks them up from him, in fact he asked Amy to put her plan in the forum here. I agree we should keep it in one thread though, I didn't realize I was responding to another thread.

Gotcha, thanks. Just seemed like it was getting harder than it needed to be there for a minute but it looks like it’s pretty much figured out now.

Big Thanks to EVERYONE for contributing and helping out!!! I know everyone is as excited as me and I’m confident we’ll have another smooth group buy  8)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 06:28:41 PM by FV Fruit Freak »
Nate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk