Author Topic: ISO red durian trees and other good varieties.  (Read 347 times)

TheDisGardener

• USA, LA, Zone9a
    • View Profile
ISO red durian trees and other good varieties.
« on: December 05, 2022, 10:49:03 AM »
Iso of durian trees. As well as banana passion fruit or what you think is the best variety

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Re: ISO red durian trees and other good varieties.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 11:53:52 AM »
I have some durian seedlings I can spare from Palolo
If you're interested let me know

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 11:54:30 AM »
There are Durian trees for sale in the US, mainly private Etsy growers. Very pricey, although potentially looks like there are grafted varities that might be worth it. Excalibur sold some a few years ago I believe, you could contact them. I have a few seedlings but they are not ready at the moment.

Is this something you plan on growing in a greenhouse? This is a sensitive tropical plant, and zone 9a or 9b is too cold for it to grow without concerns.

As for passion vines, banana passion fruit, Jamacian lilikoi, and giant granadilla are my favorites. Aside from the pulp in the granadilla, the thick inner skin is used in salads, smoothies, etc.

TheDisGardener

• USA, LA, Zone9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 12:36:01 PM »
There are Durian trees for sale in the US, mainly private Etsy growers. Very pricey, although potentially looks like there are grafted varities that might be worth it. Excalibur sold some a few years ago I believe, you could contact them. I have a few seedlings but they are not ready at the moment.

Is this something you plan on growing in a greenhouse? This is a sensitive tropical plant, and zone 9a or 9b is too cold for it to grow without concerns.

As for passion vines, banana passion fruit, Jamacian lilikoi, and giant granadilla are my favorites. Aside from the pulp in the granadilla, the thick inner skin is used in salads, smoothies, etc.
I do have a greenhouse with a heater

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk