Author Topic: Macupuno Mutation Multi trunk Cocos nucifera Multicot seedling.  (Read 12139 times)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Macupuno Mutation Multi trunk Cocos nucifera Multicot seedling.
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 06:06:09 PM »
Dont move the tree once you plant them.  If they cross with the Panama tall or maypan you have at your house. Here to find out if the nut is true.  If it take 20 months to sprout a root through the husk it will 95 % be true, its that 5 % that will ruin your reputation so just keep it for its massive estate look, you will feel like driving up your billionare driveway. Enjoy its one gallon of sweet drinking nut that rival pandan or siri lanka king! Maybe when my pandan or sirilanka produce in quantity, you can kill all those weedy worthless  coconut for palm hearts. ;D
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 06:12:09 PM »
Dont move the tree once you plant them.  If they cross with the Panama tall or maypan you have at your house. Here to find out if the nut is true.  If it take 20 months to sprout a root through the husk it will 95 % be true, its that 5 % that will ruin your reputation so just keep it for its massive estate look, you will feel like driving up your billionare driveway. Enjoy its one gallon of sweet drinking nut that rival pandan or siri lanka king! Maybe when my pandan or sirilanka produce in quantity, you can kill all those weedy worthless  coconut for palm hearts. ;D

Yeah I was going to eventually going to get rid of some of these random coconut palms, at least cut down to a 6ft stump that I can use for natural dragon fruit trellis. I have to first remove the Queen palms!
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
Just drill holes into trunk a bout a foot off the ground in circular circumferance, they slowly die & your HOA will remove them for you, those palms are easy surcumb to lethal yellow.  My neighboorhood queen palm population were wipe out 80% & kill my old maypan, jamaican coconut back in hurricane Wilma time. All the rare coconut you saw at my main dog resident are plant just right after removal.  Yuup that is how I grow dragonfruit on eight foot stump! :D

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »
Just drill holes into trunk a bout a foot off the ground in circular circumferance, they slowly die & your HOA will remove them for you, those palms are easy surcumb to lethal yellow.  My neighboorhood queen palm population were wipe out 80% & kill my old maypan, jamaican coconut back in hurricane Wilma time. All the rare coconut you saw at my main dog resident are plant just right after removal.  Yuup that is how I grow dragonfruit on eight foot stump! :D

Don't have HOA, so would have to do removal.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »

Yeah I was going to eventually going to get rid of some of these random coconut palms, at least cut down to a 6ft stump that I can use for natural dragon fruit trellis. I have to first remove the Queen palms!

I did this with a coconut tree that was in my yard, but it has been almost a year since then, and the inside is starting to turn crumbly.  I am considering just cutting it down now, rather than growing the DF up the stump only to have it be rotted away.
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »
It seem like 2014 has been a year of miserable attack by Squirrels on all of my breeding fruits but it has been a tear of joy for Macupuno coconut breedind.  I was out the backyard just harvesting extreme late season crop of boca chewy and orlando chewy sugar apple when I happen to look at the three bunch of coconut I had seperated into three clumps.  The smallest clump of three trunks now have strout mutated in front of my eyes into six trunk!
two small strout

six trunk now for this clump

three trunk from first seperation from the hemisphere

Here are the two large clump previous divided into five trunk a piece I believe and now you can see & I counted thirteen trunks in each clump.
Previous five clump A.🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Now here is clump A. Today with 13 trunks.🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Clump B. Had five trunks as I recall!🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

Clump B now has 13 trunk count too!😄!!🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

God I hope they late on delivering the Lamboghini. Huricane so I can null contract and ask for a Monaco Coach Cumming Engine RV instead; now I have discovered it as a self cloning.

Amaziing to spend over three decades of selected breeding to discover one coconut that spawn 32 growing trunks!
I have seen a three trunks coconut sprouting out of one nut but 32 trunks out of one nut must be a World record! Well we have about four months left to see what surprises, I am thinking of seperating the three clumps into six and see what Forest Gump will get!😃 Life is sweat grow something unusual of the hidden path!

Here is a curcoma tumeric I bred for 20 years, starting to develop the color I like;

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:00:27 PM by Coconut »

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:29 AM »
Coconut, galing naman nito. :) "Coconut, this is great".

I'm happy to see your Macapuno are doing great. You're on your way to sharing some macapuno matamis with me.  :P

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 07:11:36 AM »
The pics of those multi sprout coconuts are very small and hard to make out. Do you have any higher resolution better quality pics?

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 12:29:10 PM »
The pics of those multi sprout coconuts are very small and hard to make out. Do you have any higher resolution better quality pics?

The Iphone 5s is the only camera I have for these close shot, perhaps when I get the 7S its camera resolution be better. Today the sun snuck out  a bit hopefully these are better resolution of the clump being from all angles.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
Beautiful sprouts of that coconut. Now its time to make a multi sprout coconut grove! I wonder how it would work out long term in a landscape. Btw, love the Tumeric coloration (it reminds me of a sunset). Does the tumeric also have good edibility?

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »
Your multi trunked coconut looks more like palm grass seedlings (Curculigo sp.). Maybe your coconut seed rotted and some palm grass seeds accidentally ended up in it. I do not think those are actually multi trunked coconuts.

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
My original thought was that this was some sort of an orchid that began to grow in a rotting coconut.  I agree with murahilin. It looks like palm grass.  Don't mean to be a downer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:48:12 PM by Tropicalgrower89 »
Alexi

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2015, 10:46:56 AM »
Yes I thought it was a fluke too, being a backyard coconut breeder, I have seen a double trunk 22 years ago in my own collection, the parent of these Multi mutation.  I gave its seed to a budding coconut hobbyst breeder half my age sprout a bunch of the nut. Early part of this year he call me up about some wear shit sprouting out of this one nut.  So I told him its parent was the two sprout trunks coconut so he was one hell of a Happy Rare Palm Collector.  A week later he call me up saying it sprouted at two end of the hemispheres.  He want me to ome down and take a hard look.  So I went down gave him some royal piccata coconut for him to sprout, I was shock.  So gave it back to me saying he will kill it and its my anyway.  I took it home and just grew it and compare it to my note of what I gave this youngman a rising corporate enroll agent!  Well I gave him five Macupuno nuts, 15 king coconut, 5 Boca Giant, Two jamaica Bue coconut, six Perimeter Coconut and ten double trunk coconut.

When my Friend the Green drinking Coconut Taipan of SE Asia came to Jupiter Island to check on his Mansion Construction, I show him the plant in it coconut shell. You can see the dollar sign reflecting from his glistening eyes.  I am just a small barnacles on this agriculture billionare Titan asses; so I relented to his tycoon offer to appease the Annona distribution God for future favors--yeah its call kissing asses and it one of a few time in life I had to loose my virgin dignity over my Vanity.

So the debate from this Taitung Mafia was which cultivars did this Medusa coconut came from.  I told him  embarrass ; I forgotten to put a number on the nut that I gave to The Enroll Agent to teach him how to grow coconut not suspecting I am giving decades of backyard estate secret to a nobody according to him.  I reassure him my Collaborator is a good Jewish Kid from a respected home well known for pulling teeth out of infidel at a reason rate.  Further more the Kid see me as a big brother like how I see the Taitung Annona Mafia; after all I was instrument in pushing this kid to stop being a playboy for three years after graduation and go for his CPA & CMA and today He just got a post job at a firm noted for wealth managing to Whales.

Well a child got scold so I quarantine my place ever since  like Ebola hit the hood & giive him a report on its progress.  I will see him This Saturday in Singer Island, he will be happy to see his unique collection.

He had it tissue culture and he also had it tested for Genetic in the Philipine and compare it to the Phillipine Coconut Authority (PCA) collection. Its a coconut alright that is why the Lamboghini Huricane deal were made in the heat of duress me.😖. But hey winning the lottery by any amount of the imagination is winning.  Now I am so Exciited to see how he will Market The Medusa Coconut in Dubai, etc.

Yes here is the ground pink & yellow ground orchid I have in my backyard under the Whitman Fiberless, it does resemble in leaves but a lot of palms seedling look similar. The or hid trunk stem how ever look different from this Medusa Coconut and you can see my Golden Samoan Giand Dwarf seedling are different from this Medusa even those the have the same sprouting time.

So I am glad you guys rain on my Parade, how else can I get to post an even longer response!😆😎😎

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2015, 12:11:59 PM »
Beautiful sprouts of that coconut. Now its time to make a multi sprout coconut grove! I wonder how it would work out long term in a landscape. Btw, love the Tumeric coloration (it reminds me of a sunset). Does the tumeric also have good edibility?

Yes Stephen, the Garnet Pagoda Hidden Tumeric is edible like a fruitiness to it, you can try it in April.  I recently got this from 7 heads my favorite seller on ebay over the years

I think I can scare a yellow gene out of it in a golden behive color in maybe 15 years. I just gor 7 head's burmese jewel and too small to try its tubers but It flower already, weak arange but as tuber get larger next year it be vibrant as 7 heads.  I highly reccomend anything from 7 heads is great stuff! Oh one of the intercoastal properties We bought had giant Tarpons floating just off our dock you could hand pet those 8 footer that look like ten footer unless it eas bull shark I pet last night!😬

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »
Coconut, galing naman nito. :) "Coconut, this is great".

I'm happy to see your Macapuno are doing great. You're on your way to sharing some macapuno matamis with me.  :P
if you nuke Russia now, the Earth axis turn Maryland to Florida & Florida to central America, we can korner the Makupuno Market!😄
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:14:54 PM by Coconut »