Author Topic: Vista CA nursery Lychees  (Read 767 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Vista CA nursery Lychees
« on: March 14, 2021, 09:30:54 PM »
I checked out this nursery today in Vista called tropicalfruittrees.com

they had a lot of large lychee trees in ground they were air layering and selling potted trees.  Among other fruits, but the lychees looked great.  They had hundreds of nice looking lychee trees for sale.  5gal, 15, 25, 40gal

i didnt ask the price, its probably out of my payscale but they did look nice if you are in the market. 

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 09:33:23 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
Re: Vista CA nursery Lychees
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 10:04:51 PM »
Their stuff is pricey but good quality and organized.

Johnny Eat Fruit

• So. California, Huntington Beach. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 10:25:07 PM »
Yea I visited there in 2019 and it was nice. If your looking for large container fruit trees that is the place to go. Prices are high to reflect the larger size.

I prefer to buy smaller 5-gallon sizes and plant in my environment with prepared sandy loam soil.  Easier transport and much lower cost.

Depends on what you're looking for. Larger sizes will save you 2-3 years of growth but at a cost of transportation and of course the higher price.

Smaller sizes adapt more quickly and are much easier to transport. It's a tradeoff.

This place is worth checking out just to see the trees. I saw large sapodilla trees in 50+ gallon containers. Larger Manila mango Tree too.

Johnny

SHV

• Escondido, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:21:02 AM »
This really is a great nursery to walk around and see how big some trees can get in our climate.  They have some sizable in ground fruiting Jackfruit and Jaboticaba trees if memory serves correct.  Of course, nurseries in Vista benefit from existing in the Goldilocks zone of SD county. Vista truly does have the best weather in the county.
I purchased a nice 5 Gal air layered Brewster lychee from Exotica last November for around $60. It was a decent sized tree, has put on some healthy growth flushes over winter, and was fair priced IMO.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk