Author Topic: Persimmon fruit set and bud drop  (Read 732 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Persimmon fruit set and bud drop
« on: June 27, 2021, 05:14:44 PM »
One of my potted persimmons is flowering now ,it has quite a few buds and has started to drop some of them, both past and pre flowering stage. Some of them appear to be blackened ,others have dropped green and healthy looking. Now I just wonder if the black ones are ones that have stayed on the ground longer, but I saw one day one bud which had blackened on the tree. I just want to know are those the symptoms of the usual fruit drop in persimmon ??
I should say I also saw two leaves on the plant that had some kind of problem and also have such markings on a few leaves on my other tree,  that are dark drown/black spots concentrated around the leaf perimeter, the same is also a bit lighter in collor compared to the rest of the leaf. I can take pics of this tomorrow ....
Here are pics of the fallen fruitlets ,if someone knows what goin on ...thanks in advance !!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:20:49 PM by Plantinyum »

tedburn

• Mühlacker, zone 7
    • View Profile
Re: Persimmon fruit set and bud drop
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
I had one day ants on my kaki sharon and when they kept the louses the small fruits also got black ( i think fungus) and the fruits died even some smal twigs died. Now since I made a barrier for the ants my tree recovered and now 2 years later my tree is in good shape, has new fruits and they look well.
Not sure if this is your problem, but you could look for that.

Plantinyum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 01:32:44 AM »
I had one day ants on my kaki sharon and when they kept the louses the small fruits also got black ( i think fungus) and the fruits died even some smal twigs died. Now since I made a barrier for the ants my tree recovered and now 2 years later my tree is in good shape, has new fruits and they look well.
Not sure if this is your problem, but you could look for that.
thanks for the suggestion ,by louses u mean aphids ?? Are there any plant feeding louses?
I also had ants on the tree while it was flowering, they were attracted to the nectar of the flowers ,I guess that was the reason since they were entirely in into the opened flowers and werent anywhere else. I did not spot any pests like aphids or mites, thought leases are generally smaller so if there is a plant based lease , I may not have spotted them....

Plantinyum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
Hi, once again I have a question about my potted persimmons , here are pics of the plants and some of their leaves which have strange markings to them. Does it look like a deficiency or fert burn or what ?? Thanks !!!