Author Topic: Where did everyone get their Plinia rara's from?!  (Read 385 times)

ucf.nikolas

• enjoy life :)
    • Broward, 10b
    • View Profile
Where did everyone get their Plinia rara's from?!
« on: February 24, 2023, 06:06:17 PM »
I've been around this community for a short time compared to many of you, but I'd say I know most of the routes through which people are getting their seeds... Apparently not LOL. I see many people in the community with the 'Plinia rara' and I just don't know where yall got them from.

At this point I'm suspecting that there's a secret society for some of these rare ones that I'm just not in, let me know if you'd like to share some information ;D

-Nik

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Where did everyone get their Plinia rara's from?!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 06:36:48 PM »
I think part of it is some seed drops just go quick and then they're gone, like for instance heres someone that sells a bunch of stenocereus seeds that I know quite a few people were looking for some months ago https://www.etsy.com/shop/MigsTwigs?ref=usf_2020 granted they are overpriced but sometimes you just never know when you'll see them again
(also for the record I have never and did not buy from them, but I know someone was talking about them earlier)

or maybe there's a secret seed cabal that buys seeds and burns them to keep them rare 😂

but seriously though I think a big thing is language, for instance I was looking for some authentic taiwanese chili varieties that just weren't showing up, reached out to someone on the taiwan subreddit and they helped me find it, didn't show up in english but just fine in mandarin
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 06:51:48 PM by tru »
instagram @trumansacco

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 07:25:22 PM »
Can't speak to where people are getting the Plinia rara, but these things are seasonal and often rare even in their native range. Many people hike into the wild to harvest seeds which is also limiting.

There are also a lot of sellers who prefer to deal with a select few people on here to minimize the headache of dealing with people who say "i bought seeds from you 6 months ago and they never sprouted"

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 07:57:08 PM »
I can’t comment on what’s happen for rara, but even the seller from Brazil was asking $100 a seed last time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk