Author Topic: Kratom tree cuttings unrooted  (Read 1911 times)

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
Kratom tree cuttings unrooted
« on: July 08, 2021, 09:36:25 AM »
Kratom tree cuttings of the Bumblebee strain. Unrooted for $5 each plus shipping.

Hit me up! DG
Trying to grow it all!

Pokeweed

• Houston TX
    • View Profile
Re: Kratom tree cuttings unrooted
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 07:55:25 AM »
Pm sent

sbpalms

• Santa Barbara, California, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 01:48:02 AM »
Sent a PM.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 09:45:55 AM »
Not sure these are gonna turn out yet but my biggest tree has flowers on it for the first time. Really cool yellow spiky ball like flowers. Hopefully they will develop into good seed pods. Seeds are fairly rare for kratom since tge viability is very short. I have seed grown them before though. Grew like a ton of M. hirsuta seedlings once. Wish I still had a tree of that. Know there is some out there planted in ground in this state though because of the multitude I sold. I would buy or trade others for various strains of kratom or its close relatives hirsuta and javainica. Some friends down south have some of my old trees planted in ground. Know one had died but theres still 3-4 different types down there I didnt move up here with. Will take cuttings if I make it down there.  Had a Thai red, red Indonesian,  pink Indonesian,  and a green Malaysian.  Not sure which had died though. Probably the green Malaysian if I had to guess but my buddy can't telk them apart so not sure. That strain was more finicky than the others and was fairly macroscopically different than the others.  Most strains look mostly identical other than vein color which isn't the greatest indicator either since it seems to change with environmental conditions.
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 10:09:38 AM »
Plenty of beautiful cuttings available again.  Lots of nice growth happening right now. Repotted my largest tree with the flowers on it. Seems the first seed pod fell off immature probably due to the repotting. However a few flowers to come with one about to open. Hopefully these might mature with all the new soil and nutrition. 
Trying to grow it all!

Pokeweed

• Houston TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 08:34:02 AM »
Derek's cuttings, plants and seeds have always been top quality for me. We have been trading material for a couple of years and I've always had good success, including kratom cuttings. D

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 10:06:40 AM »
Thanks for the shout out!
Trying to grow it all!

Polypterus

• Smyrna Georgia, 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 04:09:44 PM »
Traded some plants for five cuttings. All arrived very healthy and with enough leaves for me to actually dry some out to try. One cutting rooted within a week or two, and I expect the rest to root quite soon. Very happy with what I received.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 08:25:37 AM »
Thank you sir! The cherimoya seeds are starting to come up now.  Probably have a good handful of them soon.
Trying to grow it all!

Polypterus

• Smyrna Georgia, 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 08:57:32 AM »
Thank you sir! The cherimoya seeds are starting to come up now.  Probably have a good handful of them soon.
Good to hear, they should make some good rootstock for you.

JoshuaTilaranCR

• Los Angeles, Tilaran, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 11:48:59 AM »
I wish I saw this a couple weeks ago! I was up in the US and looking for Kratom cuttings on here from someone else who had offered. Would you ship to CT in January?

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 02:32:23 PM »
I could ship to CT no problem but if its freezing weather at that time there is risk of the cuttings getting too cold. This is a very tropical species.
Trying to grow it all!

JoshuaTilaranCR

• Los Angeles, Tilaran, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 08:04:03 PM »
Ok thanks. I'll put a reminder in my phone to get ahold of you around the beginning of January. I won't take the chance with bad weather though. Thank you!