Author Topic: Mango bloom one mile from my house.  (Read 1636 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Mango bloom one mile from my house.
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »
This tree is next to an avocado tree that is propped up after the hurricane hit it. The mango tree was not affected. Also my guarana a few days ago.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:52:15 AM by zands »

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Mango bloom one mile from my house.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »
Nice blooms onthat one part of the mango tree. I’ve never seen guarana before, do you make a drink with it? There’s caffeine in the plant IIRC.

Simon

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:20:16 PM »
Nice, No blooms for me yet.

Hoping to see some action in a few weeks though

KarenRei

• Arctic Member
    • Reykjavķk, Iceland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »
Lol, looked at the pictures before reading your description.  I was trying to figure out the words for how to break it to you that those were guaranį and that mangoes look nothing like that  ;)

AFAIK, they're processed just like coffee.  Remove the skin, thoroughly dry, dry roast (but don't burn), and grind in a coffee grinder.  If there's another way to eat it, I don't know about it.
Jį, ég er aš rękta sušręnar plöntur į Ķslandi. Nei, ég er ekki klikkuš. Jęja, kannski...

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 06:33:28 AM »
Lol, looked at the pictures before reading your description.  I was trying to figure out the words for how to break it to you that those were guaranį and that mangoes look nothing like that  ;)

AFAIK, they're processed just like coffee.  Remove the skin, thoroughly dry, dry roast (but don't burn), and grind in a coffee grinder.  If there's another way to eat it, I don't know about it.

I have bought guarana seed and ground it up in a Krupp's grinder. Did not bother roasting it. You simmer it in water and its about as strong as coffee. Black coffee tastes better but guarana's caffeine stimulation is smoother.

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 06:37:18 AM »
Nice blooms onthat one part of the mango tree. I’ve never seen guarana before, do you make a drink with it? There’s caffeine in the plant IIRC.

Simon

You use as much guarana powder as coffee.
To experiment w guarana buy 4-8oz on ebay. Amazon might be reasonable too? Guarana capsules are a total rip-off.