Author Topic: I research your experience with Keiki paste hormone?  (Read 2009 times)

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
I research your experience with Keiki paste hormone?
« on: December 31, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »
Hi everyone,
I research, information about the keiki paste, widely used in the laboratory for plant (orchid) propagation .
If anyone have used this paste on other plants, scions fruit tree and tropical tree , what is the summers results of this paste on plants ?
Another experiment with pasta with hormones is welcome too.
So what do you think?
Anaxel.

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: I research your experience with Keiki paste hormone?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »
I grew orchids, it works great on phalaenopsis.  I applied it to a node on a flower spike (stalk, stem) and within a couple of weeks a baby would pop.   When it had good roots I would cut if off and pot it up.  I see no reason why you can't apply it to other plant material.  If I were you I'd apply a dab to the nodes of young and mature stems until you get results.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:59:17 AM by Mark in Texas »

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:17 PM »
Hi all,
Thank you Mark in texas, for this is information.
 I will try to put a little keiki paste on a node to see if the result of this paste is achievable on my orchid .
If someone else experience with growth hormone, do not hesitate , I take new information.
Thank you.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
Hi everyone,
I research, information about the keiki paste, widely used in the laboratory for plant (orchid) propagation .
If anyone have used this paste on other plants, scions fruit tree and tropical tree , what is the summers results of this paste on plants ?
Another experiment with pasta with hormones is welcome too.
So what do you think?
Anaxel.

My Vandals sprout new head with the paste, i spread over entire nodes and see where it pop up a pup, not always successful but summer seem go be successful than winter here in south florida.  My Vandal is grown straping under sugar apple.  Full sun the vandals suffer! 😄
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »
Let us know how you make out with this.  I would be skeptical that you will get plantlets with roots forming (I am guessing that is your intent).  Some orchids are well known for forming keikis (without keiki paste) -- phals from their spikes, dendrobs from the stems, vandaceous for basal keikis, etc -- outside of some clustering palms, I am not thinking of any trees prone to doing this.  My guess is that you will cause the dormant buds to form branches not plantlets but let us know.

John