Author Topic: Have you considered growing Myrciaria vexator??? I love this jaboticaba relative  (Read 21107 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Well, it is a very difficult species to get, anywere in the world (at least for the non fanatic growers).

I have 3 trees, growing slow (20 to 30cm tall), and would not sell them... but if I could do it, I would sell them at USD 80 or more.

I would sell m. glazioviana for USD 60, c. lineatifolia for USD 90 or so.

I love my trees and dont want to sell them, so it's better if I have them with me :)

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
No kidding! I'm going to go and scour the yard looking for vexator seedlings now. Then I'll sell them at the bargain price of 140 USD with free shipping to beat out the ebay guy :-).

Dang. So, all of those vexator seeds I've been throwing on the ground could have funded my retirement.

you have been missing out on the dividends from your Vexator01(k) account!
Jeff  :-)

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
I got this vexator as very small plant from Flying Fox Fruits in 2013.  It is about 3 ft tall.  The only reason I spotted the fruit is because the wind blew down the tree next to it.  I have a much bigger vexator tree that flowers but I have not seen a fruit yet.

Brandon

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
I got this vexator as very small plant from Flying Fox Fruits in 2013.  It is about 3 ft tall.  The only reason I spotted the fruit is because the wind blew down the tree next to it.  I have a much bigger vexator tree that flowers but I have not seen a fruit yet.

Nice!!!!  Thanks for posting

Mine were about 5yr old, 5 ft tall before they fruited
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Is vexator (and yellow) jaboticabas shade tolerant like the rest of the family?

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Is vexator (and yellow) jaboticabas shade tolerant like the rest of the family?

A while back, Adam stated that the yellow jabo (cabedulla) is WAY more productive in full sun.  I had been saving somewhat shady spots for jabos, and have since moved my yellow into full sun, and it is in full bloom atm.  Not sure on blue jabo
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

skhan

• View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Thanks for the info Jeff,

I decided that it would be great to plant some smaller trees along the canal bank.
So far its just going to be bananas but if i can squeeze a Jabo or two or three...and maybe something grafted onto pond apple...and...
The problem is real. ;D

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
I bought a small Myrciaria vexator seedling last fall. After almost a year, I can say that it is a very slow growing plant when young, in my experience. It will have to start growing very fast, very soon to fruit in four years. I look forward to it fruiting, if it ever grows big enough to do so.

Saone

• Central vietnam
    • View Profile

I decided that it would be great to plant some smaller trees along the canal bank.
So far its just going to be bananas but if i can squeeze a Jabo or two or three...and maybe something grafted onto pond apple...and...
The problem is real. ;D

Sorry to revive an old post but did you plant the jabos on the canal bank and if so how they do? Got a huge fish pond that I am gonna put jabos on cause I hear the love being soaked.

skhan

• View Profile
    • Videos of Garden

The problem is real. ;D

Sorry to revive an old post but did you plant the jabos on the canal bank and if so how they do? Got a huge fish pond that I am gonna put jabos on cause I hear the love being soaked.

I put it around 15ft away because they really need some drip irrigation during our dry season.