Author Topic: Night vision game camera - need recommendations!!!  (Read 605 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Night vision game camera - need recommendations!!!
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:15:09 PM »
I manage a community garden for local refugees.  We have a problem with night time veggie theft (humans) and I want to get a trail camera to try and ID the culprits.
Can anyone recommend a good trail cam with good night vision ability?

Thanks!
Carolyn

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Night vision game camera - need recommendations!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 01:48:14 PM »
Theres tons of good ones on Amazon.  Just find one with good ratings.  Ive got a couple different brands, they basically all are the same thing.  100$ or less gets you a nice camera. 
Brad Spaugh

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »
You spend some time on research. Go to Amazon, you can do comparisons. Figure out what features you want. REMEMBER, select one with an infrared, don’t give away the camera. Get those buggers. Yeah!

Fruitographer

• Crystal River FL 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 01:24:35 AM »
Reconyx is supposed to be one of the best but also expensive and I think any others will probably work fine. I've used a Reconyx to send my neigbor to jail after getting photos of him on his hands and knees in the rain putting nails in my driveway. Another guy got caught stealing on the camera and a third time showed trespassing, There would've been a 4th for breaking and entering but the batteries died. Check the forums for hunting to find information about game cams. There's plenty out there for a decent price.

Placement is key and testing to make sure the camera is triggered in the area you want. Also make sure you can see the face or identify who it is from the test angle and setup.