Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

"pumpkin pie" dwarf mamey

<< < (3/4) > >>

JoeP450:
Give D’s Fruit trees a call down near homestead, saw his in ground tree in person, it is truly truly a dwarf tree, thing was maybe up to my chest growing like a bush with fruit on it, bought three scions from him and got one to take! 👍 I’ve never seen a mamey grow like that, been to lara farms before and seen all the standard ones at fruit and spice park and they are large trees, really incredible to see a mamey bush with fruit.

-Joe

Mango Stein:
The cultivar Pumpkin Pie does not exist... it is (Dwarf) Parrita. Hopefully people will stop adding to this confusion and causing people duplicates. It's another dumb marketing gimmick that who knows who came up with... maybe even Zill Plantas but if it was them they have now removed it from their website. Every Pouteria sapota I have ever tasted resembles pumpkin pie...

JR561:

--- Quote from: Mango Stein on February 06, 2023, 10:46:16 AM ---The cultivar Pumpkin Pie does not exist... it is (Dwarf) Parrita. Hopefully people will stop adding to this confusion and causing people duplicates. It's another dumb marketing gimmick that who knows who came up with... maybe even Zill Plantas but if it was them they have now removed it from their website. Every Pouteria sapota I have ever tasted resembles pumpkin pie...

--- End quote ---

Not going to happen at this point.

Mango Stein:

--- Quote from: JR561 on February 06, 2023, 06:28:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mango Stein on February 06, 2023, 10:46:16 AM ---The cultivar Pumpkin Pie does not exist... it is (Dwarf) Parrita. Hopefully people will stop adding to this confusion and causing people duplicates. It's another dumb marketing gimmick that who knows who came up with... maybe even Zill Plantas but if it was them they have now removed it from their website. Every Pouteria sapota I have ever tasted resembles pumpkin pie...

--- End quote ---

Not going to happen at this point.

--- End quote ---

Challenge accepted

brian:
is mamey different enough from green sapote that it is worth growing both?   I have tried mamey once or twice and really liked it, but right now I have only a grafted green sapote

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version