Author Topic: WTB Tonka Bean  (Read 338 times)

LostBoy_Dani

• USA, California, 10A
    • View Profile
WTB Tonka Bean
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:33:55 PM »
Hey all, does anyone have a source of where I could find viable tonka beans / seeds, or the plants themselves? Might be challenging because of US regulations but I am determined!

WizardsTree

• Hobe Sound, FL
    • View Profile
    • Wizard's Tree Nursery & Design
Re: WTB Tonka Bean
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 03:27:07 PM »
As far as I know, I am the only person to have germinated seeds and grown them out in the US. I personally only have one plant in the ground that's barely 2 years old. My contact has not been talkative this year... not sure what's going on. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

LostBoy_Dani

• USA, California, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 11:22:05 PM »
As far as I know, I am the only person to have germinated seeds and grown them out in the US. I personally only have one plant in the ground that's barely 2 years old. My contact has not been talkative this year... not sure what's going on. I'll let you know if I hear from them.

Oh nice that's exciting that you've got one going! Thank you, I super appreciate it!

WizardsTree

• Hobe Sound, FL
    • View Profile
    • Wizard's Tree Nursery & Design
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 11:22:36 AM »
Here's an image I took a few nights ago. It's finally sending out more than one leaf of growth at the same time. Don't mind the older yellow leaves - they got blasted by our summer and then the cold from winter. As you can see, it seems to be hardy enough.