Author Topic: Books on tropical gardening, homesteading, farming?  (Read 1955 times)

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Books on tropical gardening, homesteading, farming?
« on: April 03, 2023, 07:24:01 AM »
There are many books about gardening but a lot of them relate to gardening in areas with frost.  Are there any good books about gardening, homesteading or farming in tropical areas or south florida?

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Books on tropical gardening, homesteading, farming?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 07:20:48 PM »
David The Good has a bunch of gardening/food forest books that are Florida and South Florida specific; other than that I have never really seen much specific to South Florida.

I'm part of misc. gardening, homesteading, and livestock Facebook groups that I have read a plethora of interesting posts on; lots of people sharing their experiences which I'm sure can be more useful and specific than what most books offer on Amazon.

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 09:55:31 PM »
Echo Global Farm in Ft. Meyers has a lot of neat resources in their book store. I think the next field day is in November. However, its worth a trip over there just to visit their nursery and the bookstore. I think there are some youtube videos floating around that show their set up.

Julie

• Miami, FL, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 09:33:33 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys.  I'm more of a book person vs social media, but for sure there's a lot more resources out there online.  I definitely want to visit Echo nursery soon.