Author Topic: Need Info about Taiwanese guava...  (Read 4470 times)

Zulfikar Arsa

• Young Farmer
    • Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
    • View Profile
    • duniabuahnusantara.blogspot.co.id
Need Info about Taiwanese guava...
« on: October 25, 2015, 06:33:53 AM »
Hello guys, you know type of taiwanese guava??

How we can increasing brix level for guava?

rliou

• Cerritos, Los Angeles,CA, sunset zone 22, USDA 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Need Info about Taiwanese guava...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 02:07:09 PM »
The common one is known as pearl guava.  It is a large hard guava that is subtle in sweetness. There is very little of the typical guava taste in it.  There are of course other varieties out there. 
Robert

Zulfikar Arsa

• Young Farmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 06:27:54 AM »
I growing one taiwanese guava, but i dont know what the name. My guava have crispy texture in that seed. Not seedless. Sweet and big size.

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 06:44:25 AM »
I have one for about a year and a half, it's the only Guava I have that is not thriving. I wish it would because it appears unlike some to be pretty resistant to scale infestations.
Regards,

Gary

Zulfikar Arsa

• Young Farmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 04:20:23 AM »
Thanks for info my friend..

I think that my guava is Pearl guava, because the characteristic same with Pearl guava.

I have 700 tree,
December my guava will harvest...

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »
Pearl and Crystal  are two Taiwan varieties introduced by their agriculture extension  program here in the D.R.    they have been well received by consumers.  I would go as far and say they have taken the guava market, rarely do i see the older smaller ones in markets.  ( strawberry types ).
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 01:49:13 PM »
To increase Brix levels, make sure the tree is fully mature before allowing it to hold fruit. Also make sure your tree gets maximum sun exposure and don't overwater your tree. In the agriculture industry, they will do plant and soil analysis so that they know what nutrients or elements are required by the tree.

As a backyard orchard grower, you can follow my above recommendations and also thin about half of the set fruit off your tree so that your tree can concentrate its resources on fewer high quality fruit. If you are not currently fertilizing your tree, you can add some Potassium, Calcium, minute amounts of Boron but it gets very detailed so it may be easier to feed about once a month with an organic fruit tree fertilizer. I've found organic fertilizers are more forgiving and easier to use for newbies. I also use Azomite to replenish my soils.

Simon

Zulfikar Arsa

• Young Farmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 02:38:30 AM »
Pearl and Crystal  are two Taiwan varieties introduced by their agriculture extension  program here in the D.R.    they have been well received by consumers.  I would go as far and say they have taken the guava market, rarely do i see the older smaller ones in markets.  ( strawberry types ).

Thanks guys,
yes, in my country Taiwan introduce two variety of guava that crystal and pearl.
In my country teh Crystal is more favourite. How about your country?

Zulfikar Arsa

• Young Farmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 02:40:57 AM »
To increase Brix levels, make sure the tree is fully mature before allowing it to hold fruit. Also make sure your tree gets maximum sun exposure and don't overwater your tree. In the agriculture industry, they will do plant and soil analysis so that they know what nutrients or elements are required by the tree.

As a backyard orchard grower, you can follow my above recommendations and also thin about half of the set fruit off your tree so that your tree can concentrate its resources on fewer high quality fruit. If you are not currently fertilizing your tree, you can add some Potassium, Calcium, minute amounts of Boron but it gets very detailed so it may be easier to feed about once a month with an organic fruit tree fertilizer. I've found organic fertilizers are more forgiving and easier to use for newbies. I also use Azomite to replenish my soils.

Simon

Thanks very much Adam,
I always fertilizing my Guava wih KCL every 2 week. And some time i give boron.
You know, what is the function Boron for Fruit quality??

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 03:39:19 AM »
I growing one taiwanese guava, but i dont know what the name. My guava have crispy texture in that seed. Not seedless. Sweet and big size.
Hi,
do you mostly grow guavas of different varieties?
Mike

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 04:19:01 AM »
I think you will find most large crisp and green eating guavas in Taiwan were introduced from Thailand.The typical large fruited types have low seed numbers with seedless types becoming more widespread recently.

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 02:52:35 AM »

Thanks guys,
yes, in my country Taiwan introduce two variety of guava that crystal and pearl.
In my country teh Crystal is more favourite. How about your country?

Yes I think you are correct,  the Crystal has been chosen by most growers here.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "