Author Topic: Garcinia Achachairu for sale Local pick up  (Read 1640 times)

Garcinus

• Titusville , Florida Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Garcinia Achachairu for sale Local pick up
« on: June 08, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »
I have for sale a Garcinia Achachairu please see pictures for reference.
I'm located in Titusville FL but I can meet in east Orlando/Oviedo area.
Asking $65

Thanks
Harry

Veggieman01

• Vero beach 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Garcinia Achachairu for sale Local pick up
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 02:48:31 PM »
is the tree grafted

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 02:54:27 PM »
great price for that size of tree.   They are so super slow growth.   I bought seedling 3yrs ago ordered on eBay and shipped form HI.   3yrs later, it is less than 1foot tall.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 03:01:52 PM »
great price for that size of tree.   They are so super slow growth.   I bought seedling 3yrs ago ordered on eBay and shipped form HI.   3yrs later, it is less than 1foot tall.

SUPER slow! Mine haven't even added a single leaf for almost a year haha. I theorize they must perform better in humid areas or those with warmer nights.

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 03:15:15 PM »
K-Rimes,  Yes, totally agree.  I think we have the same climate.  I have mine outdoor unprotected.  there were some new growth that got hit by the winter cold and lost a few leaves.   I keep thinking will I live long enough to  get to taste the fruits at this rate of growth.   I also wonder if it is slow for the first few years, then after a certain age, the plant will start busting out in growth??

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 03:22:24 PM »
K-Rimes,  Yes, totally agree.  I think we have the same climate.  I have mine outdoor unprotected.  there were some new growth that got hit by the winter cold and lost a few leaves.   I keep thinking will I live long enough to  get to taste the fruits at this rate of growth.   I also wonder if it is slow for the first few years, then after a certain age, the plant will start busting out in growth??

Sounds like it. I'm 9b. Redwood City about the same? As I understand, they are ultra slow when young and then gradually speed up as they get larger. I'll be bringing mine in for winter again and hoping it helps them. Even slammed with 18 hours of LED grow light never going below 60f, they still refused to budge all winter.

To add to this, $65 for this plant is a steal.

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 04:36:11 PM »
I thought you guys in Santa B. would be 10a/b since you're further down south.   my area is 10a according to USGS. Definitely, bring it inside during the winter.

Garcinus

• Titusville , Florida Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »
is the tree grafted

Haha I wish 😂 then I will not be selling it.

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 11:54:58 PM »
SUPER slow! Mine haven't even added a single leaf for almost a year haha. I theorize they must perform better in humid areas or those with warmer nights.

Dang!  I thought there was something I was doing wrong with mine.  Mine sat and sat and sat for most of a year and have only in the last three weeks both begun to put out a third pair of leaves each. 

I'd heard that they were slow but they pushed believability for me.

Paul M.
Zoone 9b
==

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 06:15:47 PM by Epicatt2 »

wangyouqin

• china
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »

Dang!  I thought there was something I was doing wrong with mine.  Mine sat and sat and sat for most of a year and have only in the last three weeks both begun to put out a third pair of leaves each. 

I'd heard that they were slow but they pushed believability for me.
Hello there.
This plant is 1 meter tall in our year, and after 4 years, I like the humid climate

Paul M.
Zoone 9b
==

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk