Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Your preferred way to plant fresh Cherimoya seeds

(1/4) > >>

CTMIAMI:
I read a lot of different choices. Some people germinate in bags using different media, some say they allow the seeds to dry, then hydrate, stratify seeds etc. etc. etc.

What is what works for you on a consistent basis?

Your input is appreciated

Polypterus:
I've had good luck germinating them in tupperware containers with a single moist paper towel on the bottom, and I've also had good success just putting them in 3" seed start pots during the summer. I always scarify and soak my annona seeds before planting though.

spaugh:
Carlos, i put them into small pots of well draining dirt and keep it wetted.  I use bagged cactus mix.  You want wet but not soggy.

You can soak them for 8hrs prior to planting also. 

They sprout really easy just be patient and wait about 2-3 weeks and they will sprout. 

I assume the weather is warm enough for them to germinate in Miami.  80f should be good.  Use a heat mat if its not warm enough. 

You can put 20 seeds in a 5 gal pot to sprout and then dump them out and seperate and repot if you want also.  The cherimoya sprouts are very tough and can be bare rooted without harming them. 

CTMIAMI:

--- Quote from: spaugh on December 02, 2021, 03:37:36 PM ---Carlos, i put them into small pots of well draining dirt and keep it wetted.  I use bagged cactus mix.  You want wet but not soggy.

You can soak them for 8hrs prior to planting also. 

They sprout really easy just be patient and wait about 2-3 weeks and they will sprout. 

I assume the weather is warm enough for them to germinate in Miami.  80f should be good.  Use a heat mat if its not warm enough. 

You can put 20 seeds in a 5 gal pot to sprout and then dump them out and seperate and repot if you want also.  The cherimoya sprouts are very tough and can be bare rooted without harming them.

--- End quote ---
We are running unusually cool nights in the 50's  day time comes up to low 80's you recommend
I put them in the sun, shade or inside?

skhan:
I usually do 50 cell seed tray with a humidity dome and leave them in the shade until they sprout.
Water them around ones a week or sometimes less (I just look at the top layer of soil)

In around 2 months most of the seeds sprout, move them into the partial sun and then remove the dome.
Fresh seeds seem to sprout a little faster.

I've started 1000s at this point...i've killed almost the same amount

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version